A rich American style Balkan consisting of burley, Virginia, Turkish, black cavendish, and Cyprian Latakia. This blend is Latakia heavy, and contains a generous dose of burley, punctuated by Orientals, Virginia, and perique. The constituent parts all play in harmony like a concerto.

BrandHearth & Home
Blended ByRuss Ouellette
Manufactured ByScandanavian Tobacco Company
Blend TypeAmerican
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging 2 ounce tin
Strength
None Detected, Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Tolerable
Scap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Scap (2)

Smoking a bowl of this in my MM Mark Twain cob. I jarred this tin 6 months ago, after getting into it when it first arrived.

I'll never be a supertaster like JimInks, but this blend is quite smooth and I really like it. It has just enough Latakia to excite me, and I don't find it to be a Latakia bomb. I may be the exception to the rule though, because I've smoked straight Latakia and loved it.

I'd say this one is similar to Bengal Slices in flavor. The Russ Ouellette blends don't disappoint, and Concerto definitely plays music on my palate.

Give it a shot if you get the chance.

Pipe Used: MM Cob

rturrubi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rturrubi (2)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

A very plesant blend, I`ve been somoking this blend for a while after being smoking Odyssey and Durbar for years, Concerto reminds me a little bit Odyssey however, whithin my ranking, I would place it between samarra and Odyssey althoug it has less strength that those GL Pease blends.

Pipe Used: Bulldog