Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) Erinmore Mixture

(2.27)
The recipe for Erinmore Mixture is a closely guarded secret which is revealed to only two people in each generation. It is known, however, that the tobaccos are selected from the premier tobacco growing regions of the world, naturally sweetened bright Virginia is hand blended with cool-smoking black cavendish to produce the unique flavor and distinctive aroma of Erinmore. More than that we cannot reveal. A mellow aromatic tobacco with a cool taste and a slow-burning easy-smoking style. TIN DESCRIPTION: Erinmore Mixture is a slow-burning blend of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish tobaccos.
Notes: Produced by Murray's Sons until 2005.

Details

Brand Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended By Scandinavian Tobacco Group

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.27 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 61 - 65 of 65 Reviews
Feb 15, 2007 Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant
I have seen this blend take quite a bit of harsh criticism on this site - some of which I find extremely unfair.

First things first: This is an AROMATIC. If you are an aromatics man then it is OK for you. Personally, I prefer it to many other "widely available" aromatics I have tried. I do not object to its room note and I do not think that it will annoy me so much if it "stays forever in my pipes" - as long as they are my pipes devoted to aromatics.

Second: If you do not puff very agressively, it will not burn particularly hot etc. I have had some very enjoyable smokes with this.

In terms of aroma etc I would not think that it stands out particularly. Many other aromatics are similar to this. It burns cooler compared to them, IMHO.

In terms of cost: In my area it comes to around 11EURO/50g pouch. Compared to Borkum Riff and Captain Black which are about 13-14 EURO per 50g pouch it is clearly preferable. (I would not mind the extra cost for some higher quality aromatics like W.O. LARSEN Signature - which is about 28EURO/100g tin). On the other hand, there exist tolerable aromatics that can be bought for less than 7 EURO /50g pouch (Skandinavik, Amphora, Clan) and quite nice aromatics that can be bought in the range of 8 to 10 EURO/50g pouch (SAIL, Mac Baren, and slightly more expensive CALUME). Some of them even have more distinct personality.

CONCLUSION: If you like AROMATICS, this blend is recommended for what it is, although it may not be a best buy. If you do not like AROMATICS, then do not bother with this.
May 01, 2006 Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
This past Saturday, I went into a new B&M and found one tin of Erinmore Mixture. This was to be my first foray into the world of the tin. Upon opening the tin, my first impression was " damn, I spent $8.50 for this?" I loaded a pipe with it nevertheless, and was greeted with a strange flavor. I smoked the bowl and decided I would finish the tin, but would not buy more. Today, I opened the tin and let it air for about an hour and a half. Then I loaded a pipe, and WOW, what a difference. This turned out to be a very good smoke. The flavor of the tobacco was not hidden by the casing. My pipe stayed cool. I smoked the entire bowl, and was ready for another. My recommendation for Erinmore Mixture? If you have some that you tried and do not like, send it this way. I have several pipes that I can use to dispose of it properly.
Feb 07, 2005 Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable
This blend like "Royal Yacht" seems to bring out the worst in people.The reviews for each are surprisingly similar.While Erinmore's not something that I'd wish to smoke daily,it works when one needs a crowd pleaser for social gatherings.It's also similar to "Blue Note" in it's own way... A decent aromatic all and all.... prep
Jun 07, 2004 Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant
When people dive into the world of aromatics, they meant vanilla, cream, coco...etc. Kind of boring if you ask me. Then there are apple, cherries, whiskeys....etc. If I want to smoke aromatic, I would occasionally get something with a surprise. This one can give me that element of 'damn what the hell is going on???' That is said with a pleasnt feeling in mind. It flavor is rich and friuty, not too sweet and way in the back ground a hint of spice. It is a very dynmaically rich tobacco for aromatics. Different flavors peaks at different burning temparture. And the room note is very nice too. It reminds me of a summer fruit garden. But the kind of smart thnig about it is you can't really tell what kind of friut it is. It is definitely NOT pinapple(banana rings a bell guys?). This kind of fruitiness is a nice change of pace from the expected. It is a fun tobacco. It is witty and light hearted. In a way, it is comically entertaining. We smoke to enjoy and smoking this blend is very enjoyable. I am definitly entertained.
May 07, 2004 Mild to Medium Very Strong Extra Full Tolerable
I'm going out on a limb all by myself here and say I like this tobacco, taken for what it is, it's not half bad. This is just a novelty or fun blend, a change of pace not to be taken seriously or used as an all day smoke. In that context it is alright. If you cannot, however see it as such, don't try it, you will be disappointed. The smell in the tin is very strong and sweet, the tobbaco appears to be of high qualiy, it lights well and burns down to a fine gray-white ash. The taste is very sweet and kind of perfumy, somewhat fruity, but not quite distinguishable. If you have a sweet tooth this tobacco will surely satisfy it. One note, don't smoke this in a good pipe, you will ruin it, as the taste will surely stay in it for all time. Buy a cheap corncob or hardwood and use it just for this blend.

target="_blank"