Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) Erinmore Mixture

(2.27)
The recipe for Erinmore Mixture is a closely guarded secret which is revealed to only two people in each generation. It is known, however, that the tobaccos are selected from the premier tobacco growing regions of the world, naturally sweetened bright Virginia is hand blended with cool-smoking black cavendish to produce the unique flavor and distinctive aroma of Erinmore. More than that we cannot reveal. A mellow aromatic tobacco with a cool taste and a slow-burning easy-smoking style. TIN DESCRIPTION: Erinmore Mixture is a slow-burning blend of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish tobaccos.
Notes: Produced by Murray's Sons until 2005.

Details

Brand Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended By Scandinavian Tobacco Group

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.27 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 21 - 30 of 65 Reviews
May 15, 2015 Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant
I purchased a tin this and one of Erinmore Ready rubbed off Ebay. The Ready Rubbed was terrible but the Mixture is quite nice. I prefer the Flake version and I said about the Ready Rubbed if the reason for buying the Mixture is ease of packing and a time constraint I would instead purchase the flake and rub two or three out into the tin for carrying around. The topping or casing is much more pronounced in the Mixture but it is still mild compared to American aromatics and is very old fashioned and delightful. Whereas the Flake gets 4 stars from me, the Mixture gets 3 since I prefer the cooler smoking Flake but would not hesitate to smoke a bowl if offered or purchase a tin in layover land over Borkum Riff etc.
Mac
Apr 12, 2013 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
There is a reason why this blend has been around for such along time . Its a very pleasant easy smoking aromatic that deserves more praise than it gets.
Oct 29, 2012 Mild Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant
Erinmore Mixture… Years ago I tried several tins of their flake version of this blend and found it way to much of a fruity aromatic for my taste at least at that time, but either my beat-up old palliate has changed (again) or this mixture version is very different, because I'm enjoying this stuff. This ribbon cut version seems to burn better (no surprise) and is much smoother across the board. I found no tongue bite and very little Virginia tongue tingle, which for me makes this blend more enjoyable. Overall IMO a very user friendly smoke, with enough tobacco taste to know your smoking real tobacco, not gum-drops. I would recommend this blend to anyone that found the flake version OK, but too aggressive, and for that matter anybody else that enjoys a easy going ARO. from time to time. For that person...3+ Stars.
Sep 19, 2012 Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
This is a pretty good blend. I consider myself an English blend man, but as most pipe smokers do, I enjoy a variety every now an then. When I am not smoking an English blend, I enjoy Virginia and vaper blends, and European style aromatics.

There is a real difference in my opinion between American Aromatics, and European, aromatics. The latter being more focused on adding to a particular blend of tobaccos rather than attempting to make a tobacco taste or smell like a particular something else.

Erinmore mixture is definitely a European style Aro, and a great one at that. Perfect for the smoker who enjoys flavor and finesse, and sometimes wants something light and sweet.

The taste of Virginia tobaccos are present throughout the bowl, as is a sort of fruity sweetness. The cavendish adds The tin note reaks of citrusy fruits and maybe vanilla, and the taste resembles that, but much lower key.

A very good blend worth trying.
Jul 09, 2012 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable
Strange how some of these tobaccos polarize opinion so much. I grabbed some of this stuff from a newsagents, mainly because I hadn't seen it anywhere before. Yes it's wet, I left mine out overnight to dry. It is also very Clan-like in it's fine ribbon cut and I reckon it's best to pack this lighter than you would normally do so. But what an enjoyable smoke, cool, fairly quick burning and a taste that seems to creep and creep. Mid-bowl, I found myself staring contentedly at nothing in particular, thoroughly lost in a fug of smoke, the odd giggle and chuckle spluttering forth as I sat back in my shed and when I left half an hour later, I kinda wobbled across the yard and back into the house. And to really freak the haters out, mix it half and half with Clan...HA HA!! Wonderful...
Feb 26, 2012 Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant
This blend reminds me of Stanwell's Melange only a bit weaker. This is not a bad thing for me, I quite enjoy both but can only smoke Melange every once in a while. Erinmore is a nice gentle smoke, something I could smoke all day. Smells nice, lights up well and stays lit, but I think it could bite if puffed heavily. Really pleasant tobacco, if you like aromatics this one is a fine change of pace.
Jan 09, 2012 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Smell is the key to this one. It smells great in the pouch, the room note is also quite pleasing. The flavour was a little lacking but all the different flavours can be tasted in it. Interesting little thing. As I smoked it, whenever I'd clear my throat or coughed a little, an aftertaste of some sort of berries was definitely present. Not while smoking for me, only when I cleared my throat. The flavouring while smoking was a little citrusy. I'd buy it again, but not my first choice. Good one to have stashed when the mood fancies it.
May 06, 2011 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Tolerable
Have to say that this is my everyday tobacco of choice at the moment. Owing largely to the demise of local tobacconists, all I can get is OTC mass produced blends. It is not too harsh on the palate and it smokes evenly to the bottom of the bowl. Usually a light then a tamper and then another light will suffice till its all gone. Burns to a fine white ash and no gloopiness. It doesnt sear your palate or tongue and leaves a slightly sweet aftertaste in your mouth, which has to be better than it tasting like Amy Winehouses undercrackers after a paricularly nasty bush fire.

I like the underlying sweetness which comes from the somewhat pineapply peachy casing which comes through into the taste but you cant really recognise what it is apart from the fact that you know that it is sweet.

To sum up, for me this is the best of the readily available supermarket blends especially if you prefer slightly aromatic blends blends over English or Oriental, far superior to Clan IMHO.

Buy some if you havent tried it. You may like it.

update 13 may 2011 - have discovered that there seem to be 2 manufacturers of this tobacco. the review above relates to the tobacco manufactured under licence by Orlik.

The other manufacturer is Scandinavian Tobacco and this to me is a completely different and lesser experience, it is harsher, has a bite that burns the roof of your mouth and is altogether an inferior product. I could only give this blender a maximum of 2 stars when I am feeling in a particularly benevolent mood.
Jan 04, 2011 Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
A very pleasant smoke, fruity but mild. Despite the fact that I puff vigorously, no bite at all. Not much of a nicotine hit, though. But overall, definitely a good tobacco.
Jun 10, 2010 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Can't really tell the difference between this and flake. Flake probably is more concentrate.. But it is a flake after all

Certainly fruity I guess, and I would say that this is the very next step up from OTC blends. In the UK St. Bruno, Condor and Clan (Yak!) are the general 3 that you find.

Still it's not bad, I've certainly had a lot worse. (Peterson's Sweet Killarney, Sam Gawith's Perfection, and Clan)

target="_blank"