Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) Erinmore Mixture

(2.27)
The recipe for Erinmore Mixture is a closely guarded secret which is revealed to only two people in each generation. It is known, however, that the tobaccos are selected from the premier tobacco growing regions of the world, naturally sweetened bright Virginia is hand blended with cool-smoking black cavendish to produce the unique flavor and distinctive aroma of Erinmore. More than that we cannot reveal. A mellow aromatic tobacco with a cool taste and a slow-burning easy-smoking style. TIN DESCRIPTION: Erinmore Mixture is a slow-burning blend of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish tobaccos.
Notes: Produced by Murray's Sons until 2005.

Details

Brand Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended By Scandinavian Tobacco Group

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.27 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 171 - 180 of 198 Reviews
Jan 12, 2009 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Tolerable
Ok.. You expect and wait to taste something but it just don't come. not a bad one but nothing special here.. It's like they forget to add some Cyprian Latakia here 🙂
Dec 14, 2008 Medium Medium Medium Pleasant
I was expecting to be hit by the much mentioned "juicy fruit" aroma when i popped my first 50g pouch of Irish made E.mix, nothing of the sort tho, its more like prunes or dried apricot and not particularly overwhelming at all, rather pleasant in fact! The Tobacco seems almost too dry considering Ive just opened it but when i sparked my first pipe it seems to be quite a nice smoke. I first tried the "Plug cut" and was pleased with my purchase and so when i spotted 50g pouch for £7.50p I thought why not. There are much worse smokes around (and im sure much nicer) but overall this ain't such a bad'en after all.
Dec 10, 2008 Mild Very Mild Very Mild Tolerable
well, i find it very Mild, hardly can feel the flavor, room notes isnt that nice!

actually im not sure if i'll try it again.
Aug 10, 2008 Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
this is in my opinion a good everyday smoke maybe not the best but it is easy to get in the uk i smoke it at work (in my place of work i am not allowed to smoke inside but i can run a smelly diesel engine)but it is a descent easy obtainable smoke
Jul 19, 2008 Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Blended by the Ministry of Silly Smokes.

Erinmore Plug is good stuff. This is just stuff.

Avoid.
Jun 26, 2008 Medium Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable
UPDATE: half a dozen pipefuls and this frugal smoker grudgingly dumps this in the trash. Just the thought of having to smoke 100 grams of this foul weed was enough to make me want to give up pipesmoking altogether.

smells and tastes like licorice. medium strength.

yuck.
Jun 19, 2008 Medium Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable
I picked up a tin in the Hong Kong Duty Free and thought what the heck, it's worth a try. The blend was the licensed version. The room note was slight. The moisture content upon opening the tin was high with the casing very noticeable. I smoked a few bowls and moved to something else. A few months later, I revisited the blend and liked it a lot more. It had dried out and was not overbearing on casing. The quality is evident based on the white ash. I've since purchased another tin, this time from Northern Ireland. I cannot find much difference between the original and the licensed version. This is a good all day smoke.
Jan 27, 2008 Strong Very Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable
After more experience with other, less cased tobaccos and of a different variety such as latakia, virginia and burleys I have to downgrade this.

I initially enjoyed this as I did not know any better, having revisited it recently I could only stomach around 10 puffs before throwing the rest of the bowl away. Far too topped for my liking with pineapple/anise everywhere.

For those who prefer heavily sauced tobacco with a fruity/pineapple like base then they are in for a treat. That is not to say this tobacco does not have its place, it must possess some redeeming qualities for it is still produced and accounts for a large part of the pipe tobacco smoked here in New Zealand. I however have moved on to more natural blends and no longer enjoy Erinmore Mixture.

I still have around 4 tins (Orlik) which I'll keep and open in 30 years' time to see if anything has changed.
Jan 11, 2008 Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant
There is not tobacco smoker who respects himself and he has not tried even once this tobacco. Long lasting tobacco with a stable flavor and quality, all these years. Of course, most of the smokers prefer FLAKE but I have smoked only Mixture. With the characteristic flavor of pineapple which some like and some do not. My mouth was a bit sour. Heavy enough and liquid, when you open it. It needs a good drying from the evening so you can smoke it easily in the morning, cool and pleasantly.

A long lasting value which we should face, with respect.
Jan 04, 2008 Medium Strong Medium Pleasant
Erinmore Mixture was one of my favorites, way back when I first started enjoying a pipe. Times change, tastes change, and I suspect that the exact recipe for E.M. has also changed. Despite the heavy fruit casing, I found the latest version of E.M. to be somewhat more bitter than it once was, and slightly acrid. The tin aroma is much the same as ever-- an overlay of mixed fruit atop semisweet Virginia tobacco. Not an unpleasant smell, and it is indicative of what lies ahead when the stuff is smoked. The mixed-fruit flavoring seems much stronger than it used to be, or possibly I'm more sensitive to it than I was 35 years ago; I now grow tired of it after half a bowl of Erinmore Mixture. The tobacco is good quality though, and the strength is moderate. E.M.'s room note is sweet and fruity. Even non-smokers don't mind smelling this stuff all that much. E.M. isn't bad for what it is, but regrettably, it's no longer my "cup of tea." If I were to choose between the Mixture and its sibling, I'd opt for the Erinmore Flake; its flavor seems better balanced and the casing a little less overpowering.

target="_blank"