Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) Erinmore Mixture

(2.27)
The recipe for Erinmore Mixture is a closely guarded secret which is revealed to only two people in each generation. It is known, however, that the tobaccos are selected from the premier tobacco growing regions of the world, naturally sweetened bright Virginia is hand blended with cool-smoking black cavendish to produce the unique flavor and distinctive aroma of Erinmore. More than that we cannot reveal. A mellow aromatic tobacco with a cool taste and a slow-burning easy-smoking style. TIN DESCRIPTION: Erinmore Mixture is a slow-burning blend of Virginia, Burley and Black Cavendish tobaccos.
Notes: Produced by Murray's Sons until 2005.

Details

Brand Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended By Scandinavian Tobacco Group

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

2.27 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 151 - 160 of 198 Reviews
Dec 26, 2010 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant
This is different than the Erinmore flake. It is not a ready -rubbed version of the flakes.

Same citrus sweet aroma than the flakes though, this is an interesting tobacco to smoke. I have smoked it in both the pouch and the tin and, as usual, I find the tin version so much better than in the pouch.

Packs and lights easily, smokes and burns easily, releasing the same tin aroma in the taste combined with tobacco taste.

Also, there seems to be a decent dose of vitamin N in here.

If you are seeking a good quality cased tobacco that is not overwhelming in its casing, I suggest you try this one.
Oct 28, 2010 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant
When I asked my pop what his pop smoked in the pipe, he told me Erinmore was what he always smoked on Sundays, and that his pop before him had also smoked this. When I put it on the counter at the local tobacco store, the lady pretended not to notice and attempted to steer me toward some of their bulk aromatics. I didn't understand why she was acting so strangely until I got this home and tried a pipe full. I fear her impression of me has diminished slightly.

I smoke this out of an old Dr. Grabo with the filter long-ago discarded. It was my old Cap. Black pipe, and this tobacco suits it well. Its a sweet, puff-puff kind of smoke, not unlike the afore-mentioned Cap. Black. Actually quite reasonably better, but not the aromatic luxury of Villiger 1888 Mid-Day. Not something to sip and savor.

This tin and the Dr. G have been relegated to the footlocker with the camping supplies for smoking around a campfire this coming summer. If your grandpa and your great grandpa used to smoke this, I recommend you purchase a tin for your camping box as well.

****** UPDATE ****** I was sitting around this evening contemplating a smoke, and I was compelled to dig this stuff out and try it again. Sweet, fruity, and lightly aromatic. I'm actually looking forward to camping this summer.
Sep 18, 2010 Medium Medium Medium to Full Tolerable
Started With that two years ago...still enjoy it to the moment...not aromatic but still a nice blend.
May 25, 2010 Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Not too good and not so nasty. I think I should judge it as an "english aromatic". The Virginias give it a nice consistence, and tha cavendish adds some flavor, it's a little spicy and I believe that is due to red virginias that I spotted in the mixture. It is not something that I will buy again, but I will surely buy other tobacco's from Erinmore. I do not regret buying it.
May 18, 2010 Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
The smell from an open tin is quite intense, with a very sweet fruity aroma. However, this does not translate over as much while it is being smoked, although it is still noticeable.

I have certainly enjoyed quite a few bowls of this blend, but I would have to say there are better options available when looking for a flavored tobacco.
Apr 27, 2010 Mild Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
I will come back on this review as soon as I try more of this. I bought the package also by mistake but I'm not sorry about it. Also the smell is aromatic when you open the pack, the smoke is less aromatic than most of those candy like tobaccos. That's what I like about it. The thing that I LOVE about it is the smell and taste: it's exactly like the black cherry gem my mother makes every year. And i LOVE black cherry gem. For those that don't know, black cherries are small, dark cherries that are bitter. I think that's their secret ingredient.
Apr 24, 2010 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Tolerable
Bought a tin of this mixture in part because its reviews were so polarized - also the price was right. Upon opening, the tin aroma reminded me of Grandads old snuff. Sweet and raisiny with a bit of "spiceyness". Couldn't wait to try it out in my corncob. WOW what a let down. Not sure what happens once you light this stuff up but it ain't pretty. Oh sure I could taste the virginias but the other taste was not so pleasant. Sort of like urine on a camp fire. Won't be smoking anymore of this. Wanna trade?
Apr 22, 2010 Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant
I really produces a feeling of calm from the first puff, easy to burn.
Apr 17, 2010 Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant
Another of those spring-time virginias with a twist! Smells and tastes great, and burns slow and easy. Narrow bowls are recommended.

Blackberry, peach and grasslike.
Mar 01, 2010 Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable
Yes I agree that Erinmore Mixture does have a heavy casing, it's sweet in scent and pales little when smoked. I find that it smokes cool and easy, though if not dried for a few days before smoking it does tend to produce a very sour "gravy" in the bowl. I dry mine before smoking and I get no tongue bite or "gravy".

I enjoy smoking this blend as a change from time to time but it is far from my first choice in the gallery of fine tobaccos in the same price range.

target="_blank"