Brandpipesandcigars.com

3.7
Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (117)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Best in Series - At first glance, this appears to be a run-of-the-mill black cavendish. But oh it is so much more! When I opened the bag, I was met with a wonderful caramel/vanilla scent. Once lit, I found the same caramel/vanilla taste with a dash of fruit - all the way to the bottom of the bowl. As I smoked it the taste pleasantly changed, making it even more enjoyable. The room note was no disappointment either. No nasty aftertaste. Russ hit this one out of the park!

Pipe Used: MM Diplomat

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Chris Moore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Chris Moore (2)

One of my favorite aromatics, I am not a big fan of aro's by any means but when someone ask for a flavorful tobacco? This is what I suggest. Scottys bass pond. YUMTOWN

Pipe Used: Hybrid Lorenzo sport bowl with nording stem

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Nothing.

Mork Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mork (72)
Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Scotty’s Bass Pond, Russ Ouellette

Description: Joining a number of P&C classics like Butternut Burley and Trout Stream comes our latest and greatest aromatic, Scotty's Bass Pond. We started with a toasted black cavendish made of premium quality Green River burley. This tobacco is then steamed and infused with rich caramel and vanilla notes along with cherry and dark fruit. The result is a bite-free, exceptionally slow-smoking black cavendish with plenty of smooth flavor, and an incredible room note that everyone will love.

Discussion:

An all BC blend topped with vanilla and caramel. I get the slightest hint of cherries and raspberries on top of the caramel base note. No chemical bite, no goop, tastes like it smells. Consistent flavor down the bowl.

I think I prefer Trout Stream to this one. That has a bit more umph to the experience, a better depth of flavors. But, I also think this one does rather nicely with the faint cherry and raspberry. I like the concept of a cherry topping. But I rarely, if ever, like the execution of the same. In this one, it works. I think it would be more attractive with a chocolate base, but that’s just being picky.

A completely unfussy, virtually zero nicotine, and easy to smoke American aromatic. This one doesn’t even pretend to be actual tobacco, it’s just a topping delivery system. Which, I think would have irritated me a lot more before I got a little bit further into this style of aromatic. In fact I know it would have. But I don’t care very much anymore. These aren’t trying to compete with the profiles of your more… natural blends. They’re trying to be a sweet and flavorful trip into a completely different realm.

I don’t think I’ll reach for this one very often, but if you are in the market for an all cavendish blend with this profile, you could do a lot worse.

Rating: Good.