In Clan Raw Blend there are used various air cured, flue cured and burley tobaccos. The tobaccos are blended and pressed into plates, where after the plates are cut and rubbed.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blend TypeBurley Based
ContentsBurley, Kentucky, Virginia
Packaging40 grams pouch
Strength
Mild, Medium
None Detected, Very Mild
Taste
Mild, Medium
L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (224)
Medium Very Mild Medium Tolerable

CLAN - RAW BLEND: Certainly the best tobacco of the historical Dutch brand “Clan”, originally produced by Theodorus Niemeyer and now manufactured by STG. This blend is excellent, cheap, tasty, clean, at times delicious, satisfying, perfectly balanced, you need it all day long, simply impossible to resist. Composition: this is a Virginia/Burley mixture with a dash of Kentucky. It is not a Cavendish mixture and there is no cavendish inside but rather it is really a raw blend. Natural, pure with no topping and a minimal casing. If you are looking for a perfectly balanced Virginia/Burley mixture where neither Virginia nor Burley prevail, but both of them taste clean on the palate, this is what you are looking for. Difficult to find but if you can get it give it a try and you will never be disappointed. For all these reasons, in my personal rating system (from 1 to 10) my score is 10 and four complete stars.

I invite JimInks, Pipestud, StevieB, DK, Gemtleman Zombie, SteelCowboy, TallPuffO’Burley, fr_tom, Mr. Big, Tantric, Beer, Young Piper, DenizBeck and the other aficionados to try this blend and tell me something about. Thanks in advance.

RingGrain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RingGrain (10)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

It was so good... I mean, it seems that is not available anymore where I live. It was not special, but for the price it is difficult to find a Vi-Bur so good. Not too sweet, not too bitter, not too hot, a good combustion, really not bitey. I used to smoke it as it is, but it was mainly the base for my morning and all day mix: 89% of some Vi-Bur (or Vi-Bur-Turk) and 11% of some pure Latakìa. I don't know if Kentucky really is in the receipt, but I guess no, cuz I don't like to smoke any Kentucky in my pipe, and I never tasted it in this Clan. I still have some R.B. pouch in my cellar, but it's going to vanish soon...

Pipe Used: Many Savinelli, Gasparini, stright briar pipes