Create an enjoyable moment for yourself with this high quality mixture, consisting of black cavendish, golden Virginia and a bit of burley topped with an aroma of coffee and vanilla.

BrandHU Tobacco
Blended ByKohlhase & Kopp
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp
FlavoringCoffee, Vanilla
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Mild, Extra Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The golden Virginia has a burst of tart and tangy citrus with some sugar and grass, and forms the base of the blend. The nutty, earthy, woody, toasty burley has a light molasses hit in a strong support role, and seems to peek out a fraction more in the last quarter. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a bit of brown sugar, which added to the very rich coffee topping, helps to compensate those who ran out of their morning drink. The vanilla is also rich, though it mainly lurks in the background. The toppings do sublimate the tobaccos a bit, especially the Virginia, though there’s enough tobacco taste to balance out the overall, very smoothly sweet consistent flavors. No chance of bite here. Has no harsh or weak spots. The nic-hit is mild. The strength is just past the center of mild to medium, while the taste level just falls short of the medium mark. Well balanced, you’ll notice most every aspect of what this blend has to offer in every puff. Mildly moist, it burns at a moderate pace, cool and clean from beginning to end as it easily burns to ash. Requires few relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. Has a very pleasant, lingering after taste and room note. An easy going all day smoke that won’t wear your taste buds out no matter how many bowls of it you smoke during the day.

-JimInks

Big Train Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Train (113)
Very Mild Extra Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Maybe half a century has dulled my memory but this tobacco looks and tastes like the old Rum and Maple Mixture . I know it is coffee and vanilla and not rum and maple but the effect is the same . Totally over the hill sweet in my opinion . That being said I know that many people like such an aromatic and Geniet does the job in that regard . Not a complex tobacco it feeds the smoker the same sweet taste all the way through which I theorize that aromatic smokers might like . I guess that I am pretty bad at discerning the specific aroma used but I did taste the vanilla . The blend is delivered a little moist in the can and needs to sit open a while . Combustion is easy enough but it leaves a little moist residue in the pipe . The quality of the leaf seems very satisfactory like all HU blends . If I were an aromatic smoker I might be over the moon for this one . I rate it a 3 , and not a 4 , because I believe that aromatic blends should be a little more subtle . I might , however , need to retort the pipe I used for this experiment .