BriarWorks International Peach Cobbler

(3.56)
BriarWorks International's Peach Cobbler: An indulgent Southern recipe pulled straight from mama's cookbook. Sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.

Details

Taste

Extremely Mild (Flat) -> Overwhelming

Average Rating

3.56 / 4

Please login to post a review.
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 Reviews
May 31, 2018 Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant
This blend has an almost overwhelming peach smell. If you like that you'll find the smell tantalizing.

I don't taste much of the nuances of the tobaccos; the flavor is really what drives this blend. While very present, the flavoring is not too much. The tobacco burns surprisingly well for how strong the aroma is, does not burn too hot, and requires a normal amount of relights for an aromatic or less. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually tastes peachy, and the room note is wildly appreciated. There is also a bit of a custardy taste, though not as strong as the peach. It could be flavoring flavoring, but it has a feel as if it's the natural flavor of the cavendish under the casing.
Pipe Used: Savinelli 320 KS
PurchasedFrom: Pipes & Cigars
Age When Smoked: 5 Months
Nov 21, 2017 Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant
I have tried several peach-flavored tobaccos in search of something I like. I wanted something with a fruit essence outside of cherry, which always tastes like cough syrup to me. Perhaps it's a ghost of childhood. This was one of the blends I tried.

Upon opening, I detected some peach and vanilla ... and maybe some sort of liquor-ish hint. It smelled good to me. I found it at the perfect humidity right out of the jar. No need to dry. I loaded my pipe, and it was good. I like this. It smokes easy. The black cav-VA blend is smooth, and I get a hint of peach - maybe not very peachy - but there's a hint there. I get maybe more vanilla than peach, but it's there. And unlike a lot of aromatics, I get a tobacco flavor as well and a decent dose of Vitamin N. I like this blend. It's not an everyday blend for me, but I did have a couple of bowls after dinner with an adult beverage and was quite pleased.

I can smell peach and sweetness in the room after leaving and returning. That's the best I can go on. My spouse isn't much of a fan of any tobacco.

I agree with others and give it 3 stars. It's going into the rotation. I've read that the Briarworks tobaccos are blended by C&D. If you're looking for something with a peach essence but you don't want a goopy, hot-smoking blend, give this a try.
Pipe Used: Hilson Briar
PurchasedFrom: Smokingpipes.com
Age When Smoked: Recently purchased
Sep 27, 2017 Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant
There are few things on this earth that I love more than the taste of a sweet, ripe peach. Peach pipe tobacco, sadly, pretty much never seems to deliever that flavor.

The tin note smells very much of a sweet peach. The room note gets an approval from the women in the house; the 40 year and 17 year old both liked the smell. If only Frog Morton On The Bayou could smell so good to them!

The tobacco is only slightly wet, which is expected from an aromatic with a flavor casing, but not overly so. I gave it no drying time and it lit straight away, and the bowl went from True Light to total ash without any re-lights. It left absolutely no goop in the Cob. Pretty impressive for an aromatic!

But the peach is, for me, far too understated. If I’m in the mood for an aromatic, and I want a peach tobacco at that, then I want a peach tobacco that tastes like a peach! As it is, this is a three-star blend to me. Make that peach flavor pop and I’ll happily give it that extra star. For now, I may try mixing it with that Brigadier Black Gettysburg blend from P&C, which very much tastes like peach but is so wet that it needs about ten months of drying time!
Pipe Used: MM Legend
PurchasedFrom: Local B&M
Age When Smoked: Four months
Aug 01, 2017 Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant
Opening the jar gave me a nice fruity smack on the nose! A lovely aroma of peach, or maybe apricot. The taste is a nice balanced cavendish and virginia blend with a nice peach flavor. I can also taste some vanilla.

It's a very nice fruit aromatic, and I like to enjoy it like a little sweet treat for myself.
Pipe Used: My "candy-pipe" Monstrosity Pipes Coal Crusher