Amaretto is a combination of burley and a bit of black cavendish with a topping of Amaretto. The sweet, warm flavor and aroma is a treat for anyone in the vicinity.

ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish
FlavoringAmaretto
Strength
Taste
2.7
TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (74)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A nicely mannered somke. The smell from the bag wasn't overwhelmingly Amaretto to me. It had a nice nuance to it but certainly didn't seem overly topped. This translated into the smoke - it was a nice even (lightly nuanced) experience with just enough to let you know it's there. If you're looking for a prominent overpowering aro experience, this isn't it. If you like the nuance of flavoring you'll enjoy it. Produces a good amount of smoke and is wife approved. So, others around you won't mind you knocking a bowl of this one down. It remained true from beginning to end which is something I like in an aro.Glad I picked it up and will certainly enjoy it over the next few weeks. A thoroughly good smoke with a perfect balance. The more I smoke the more I like it - it has depth on every draw.

Pipe Used: XL Polinski Oom Paul

Purchased From: P&C

StevieB (1972)

Sutliff Tobacco Co. - Amaretto #777.

The cut isn't just a ribbon, it's much coarser. The appearance suggests it to be mainly Burley and brown Cavendish, there are very few black pieces. The nose is nutty and a little sour, and my pouch had just the right amount of moisture for me; somewhat damp, but not 'wet'. Having, mostly, smoked Amphora Kentucky for the past week I fancied something tamer. As much as I LOVE that it's quite strong in nicotine. Sadly, this doesn't suit me.

The tobaccos, to be fair, give a pleasant enough flavour. It's a brown Cavendish supported Burley smoke. Black Cavendish accounts for hardly anything, as I expected. It's the topping that lets this down. At the beginning of the bowl I get a slightly nutty, not too alcoholic or sharp, flavour. This pairs well with the tobaccos, but it begins to develop a sour, bitterness, in quick time. Tolerable until a third into the bowl; from here on the sourness increases and RUINS the flavour. Back on the positive side it burns well, generating a fairly cool smoke, and doesn't bite me.

Nicotine: a touch above mild. Room-note: pleasant.

#777? I don't like it and will never buy it again! One star:

Not recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson #03

Age When Smoked: 2 weeks.

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (126)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Several years ago, I frequented a local pipe shop and frequently bought the Amaretto blend. If this isn't it, it is close enough to pass. This is a well-constructed burley blend with some black cavendish added. I am usually not big on burley, but this one rises above most. Lites easy and burns well. The room note is a real crowd pleaser. This one has earned a spot in my rotation again!

Pipe Used: Grabow Belvedere

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Cypher1014 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cypher1014 (5)
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Amaretto notes very forward in the tin, less so when smoking. Very pleasant room note. Moisture levels good and smoked well without frequent relights. In both strength and taste it was very mild.

Age When Smoked: 0

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The earthy, nutty, woody, lightly molasses sweet burley is the lead component. The brown sugary black cavendish plays a strong support role. The rich amaretto topping moderately sublimates the tobaccos. The strength is in the center of mild to medium. The taste is a step beyond that mark. The nic-hit is a slot below the strength threshold. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, though there are a few very small rough edges. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent sugary, almond and burley nuttiness with a slight bitter note from start to finish. Has a pleasantly, short lived after taste, and room note. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. A smooth all day smoke. Three stars.

-JimInks

Shipwreckbay Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shipwreckbay (25)

I was like a kid on Christmas day when I received my pouch of Amaretto. The pouch note was good and reminded me of rum. It was easy to light but then after half a bowl, things went downhill. The first part of the experience was great with nice burley notes and a bit of cavendish. Then the smoke turned sour and bitter. That was it for me. On the plus side it burned cool and clean with no remnants left in the bowl. It did not bite, although I did get a tingle on my tongue. Not a terrible experience, but one I will not revisit.

Pipe Used: Peterson