Mild Virginias and cavendish with a spiced rum casing. Very syrupy and aromatic, yet kind to the mouth!

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Blended ByThe Country Squire
Manufactured ByThe Country Squire
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Rum, Spices
Packaging Bulk
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Rustedrailsmokes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rustedrailsmokes (288)

I'm a lover of Rum. So I've been on a quest to find a good rum tobacco since I got back into smoking.

I've never been disappointed with any of the CS blends so I decided to pick up a couple of ounces. The bag note is spicy rum.. think Captain Morgan. The ribbon cut makes it simple to pack. Easy to light.

The smoke has a nice rum flavor while still allowing the base tobaccos to come through underneath. It's a pleasant smoke leaving a minimum of moisture in the pipe and burning down quite well to ash with no relights usually. There is a slight rummy aftertaste usually.

It's a pleasurable smoke for aro smokers looking for some spice in their blends.

Pipe Used: Cobs

Age When Smoked: fresh to one year

Purchased From: Country Squire

Bumble Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bumble (62)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

As a newer pipe smoker, I am mainly exploring the different blends (I favor aromatic blends, although I am dipping my toes into the non-aromatic blends now) to find what I like.

Opening the bag, what I smelled was mostly rum with some spices.

The flavor I tasted was less rum than I anticipated, it was noticeable but nowhere near the expected level due to the tin note. It was good, but was looking for a stronger flavor of rum but was nice to taste the tobacco (which I do not get with many aromatics).

The leaves were moist, but no drying time was needed for me. I did have to slow down to keep from tounge-bite with this blend.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob