Balanced mix of Virginias and burley.

BrandArgento
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
Jjgerv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jjgerv (20)

Seems to be a mixture of several degrees of domestic burley and viginias.

The cut and the humidity are correct and is easily loaded and lighted.

The blend does not present complex nuances if not a romp between the sweetness of the virginias and some tone of cocoa of the burley

Pipe Used: Crisol various

A Scot in Argentina Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A Scot in Argentina (18)
Medium None Detected Mild Pleasant

It had been years since I had tried the Argento blends. Back then they just didn't compare in quality to the European style blends I was used to. Many years on and I decided to try their Natural blend as I don't recall having tried it. Given it was a third of the price of the Samuel Gawith blends I thought it was worth the gamble.

Although the pouch note was lacking I was pleasantly surprised to find the moisture content and cut of the tobacco to be very good. Packing and lighting the bowl was fine. This blend gets a tad better in strength the further down the bowl you go although I find it does lack in the taste department.

I have pressed the last 25gr into a block as an experiment to see if it makes any difference to the taste and strength, might even false age it by stoving it. I will buy it again as I suspect it'll be a good base to use for mixing with some Samuel Gawith aromatic blends like Coniston Cut Plug.

Pipe Used: Falcon