Our hand blended take on the old standby vanilla blend.

Vanilla is a tough tobacco to get right. We've been tweaking this recipe for a couple of years, and we finally feel comfortable releasing it to the world. Done wrong, it can bite the heck out of your tongue. This is a mixture of normally cool smoking tobaccos: Green River black cavendish, mild wide cut burley and a bit of Carolina flake for an even burn. We use a non alcohol based vanilla flavoring that enhances the tobacco and is very easy on the palate.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q.
ContentsBurley, Kentucky
FlavoringVanilla
CutMixture
Strength
Taste
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

Hmm... no reviews on this yet - a vanilla aromatic???? Odd, that. Anyway, this looks very much like every Lane's 1Q knockoff you've ever seen. Darker browns predominate. Smells pretty much like the usual thing, too. Needs a bit of drying time as well.

After smoking my two oz sample, the thought I keep coming back to is that, yes, this is essentially what we've all smoked many, many times in different guises. However, it's better. It smokes drier, cleaner, and the vanilla flavor seems much more natural. This blend never required the use of a pipe cleaner to sop up the gunk that most standard vanilla blends produce. It had no chemical taste of any kind, and not even an inkling of one. It tastes like it employs real vanilla and not some artificial vanilla substitute. It reminded me of Boswell's Best but this one struck me as preferable. If I ever get a hankering for any vanilla blend, this is the one I'll pick up. If you're a 1Q fan, try this version. It's just better - all the way around.