A typically old fashioned blend. Smooth and slow burning with a great aroma.

Mild to medium in strength.

BrandMy Smoking Shop
Manufactured ByMy Smoking Shop
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

My Smoking Shop-Old Fashioned. I had no idea what to expect from this as when I emailed Simon at My Smoking Shop to ascertain what the exact flavourings were he was very quick in his reply and stated "it tends to vary very often, luck of the draw etc." So I concluded whatever the choice of topping this month it's sure to be exciting!

In the pouch the blend appears fairly coarse in its make up. Slightly damp but not needing a huge amount of time to dry. I just give a bowls worth a short period of time to allow the moisture to abate.

The aroma from the bag suggests maybe caramel/honey have been included. It's not at all potent just slightly suggestive.

The smoke tastes fantastic. Whatever topping has been used it more than compliments the natural sweetness from the Black Cavendish. I'm still inclined to think that a high proportion of the casing is either honey or caramel. Unlike the aroma there is a sort of vanilla cream taste and a hint of shortbread which is really enjoyable. I struggle to get much of any of the Virginia's grassy tones, they're somewhat hidden by the other flavours. Don't take that as a negative as the flavours doing the job of hiding them are very enjoyable!

Some more good points are temperature and bite. The smoke is very cool and very forgiving with bite.

The nicotine is rather mild in Old Fashioned. If you want N look elsewhere.

I said how I expected to be excited by this and what began as excitement upon the opening of the pouch transpired into total bliss! Highly recommended. I just hope he doesn't alter the ingredients for a while!

Pipe Used: Altinok Lee Van Cleef