4 Aces Turkish offers a blend of Virginias, Burleys and Turkish for a little extra spice in your smoke.

Notes: RYO tobacco.

Taste
2.0
Old German puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old German puffer (105)

Ha-ha. Went into an Indian shop looking for a pouch. This is all they had. It was a buy one get one free. I bought one pack and he gave me 4 for free. They don't sell. I lit it up. It was the fastest 10 min. Smoke in history. Taste was ok. Burned fast. Mixes well.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow

Age When Smoked: New Pouch

brashboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brashboy (84)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Bought a couple pouches at a little country store--only thing they had. Kind of dry, so I packed some and breathed into the pipe bowl about 4 times. Actually, it was not bad at all. The Oriental has really a dry, slightly sour taste that I liked but not offensive or strong, almost as light as a well-done dressing. I smoked it in a MM cob that I bought at the same store, two to a pack.

Old German Puffer is right about this stuff: it burns like gunpowder.

4A Turkish is not garbage tobacco and I was surprised that it is actually smokable. This is for someone wanting a cheap (or quick) smoke or who can't find anything else, IMO. But if you have some, mix it with VA or any Balkan or English blend; it mixes surprisingly well. I hate to admit this but I mixed some with some dried-out Borkum Riff Whiskey (cost $1.00 on a manufacturer coupon deal and BRW was the ONLY pouch tobacco in the only store, a foul little Winn Dixie, in the area carrying pipe tobacco) that I had rehydrated. I gave it about three weeks and the mixture was actually smokable.

Not great tobacco, but I'd smoke it again if circumstances arose. Two stars.

Pipe Used: Cob