In the summer of 2015, My Own Blend launched three new blends celebrating the Nordic mythology. Freja has the wonderful flavour of black currant, peach and strawberry. The mixture consists of primarily sweet black cavendish. The master blender added some loose Virginia to give you an easy burn and smoke.

Notes: http://www.paul-olsen.dk

Strong
Taste
Very Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Paul Olsen - Freja.

I was looking in my cellar for a sweet aromatic to smoke in the evenings, I remembered Freja was an aromatic blend but seeing as I can't speak Danish the tin description wasn't any use to me! However, the tin note is strong so the matter was cleared up; berries and fruit!

If I'm smoking a pipe in the evening I do enjoy a sweet aromatic; opening the tin revealed a blend that was sure to tick all the boxes: mainly black, with about 25% Virginia, a very aromatic aroma, and as is the status quo with PO blends it's perfectly hydrated.

This is a blend that could be a regular addition to my rotation; always taking the evening slot! For the first few puffs it seems to be a straight forward berry aromatic, but after ten minutes I get the peach coming through and once the burn has settled the flavour's an even split between the berry and peach; I can't detect any of the citrus though, this must have been added very lightly.

The tobacco tastes are no surprise for an aromatic; a mild Black Cavendish sweetness, with next to nothing from the Va. This style is represented in the nicotine amount too; very mild!

I'd waited for awhile to open this up and the moment I've finished this review I'm onto The Danish Pipe Shop's website to place another order!

Highly recommended.