Scandinavian Tobacco Group wants to give everyone the chance to try pipe smoking therefore have produced Borkum Riffs PipePacks tobacco. This tobacco has the plus of being ready wrapped to enable immediate insert into the bowl. It fits a chamber around 18-19mm. In one pouch you get 6 pieces. This comprises 80% black cavendish and 20% light Virginia. This one is flavoured with Kentucky Bourbon.

BrandBorkum Riff
Strength
Strong
Taste
Very Mild Strong Mild Pleasant

Borkum Riff - PipePacks Orange Whisky.

These go against the grain of what I normally enjoy, so I thought I'd hate them. I cannot believe how much I enjoy them. I consider these to be the complete antithesis of everything piping's about, but even though they're not at all 'traditional', they make a pleasant change!

I had no idea of how the pre-prepared pieces would be, but I'm sure many folks would feel the same. As it says, the pouch contains six of them. The outer of them is black cigarette-type paper so there's no need to worry about whether or not they'll be too small; once they're in the bowl the fit can be adjusted by squashing the pack with a tamper.

That's getting one in the bowl dealt with, now over to the actual smoke: it's a high quality aromatic. The burn's splendid and the smoke's cool. I find it takes about five minutes for everything to come to fruition: the initial part involves 'squashing' the pack and settling it into the bowl whilst getting it ignited and burning. Once that's accomplished it's an aromatic lovers dream- of course, it tastes a little papery at first until the wrap's combusted, but as soon as that's gone it's a well flavoured orange and whisky smoke. The nicotine's quite mild from a PipePack, but why would a nicotine lover smoke a Cavendish aro'?! The last thing I'll mention is the duration of the smoke: for me, one Pack lasts approx. twenty minutes and burns good to a white ash.

Even though I assumed I'd hate this blend it gets a solid three from me!

Recommended.