Rose of Latakia is a mixture of Virginia, Burley and Kentucky mingled with the finest, spicy Latakia, in a curly cut that preserves the tobaccos' unique aromas and lets them blossom, which creates a charming harmony of flavors with a soft bouquet and fresh taste.

BrandDanneman
2.0
King Weed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
King Weed (110)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Tolerable

I don't know how long this blend has been out of production nor do I know how long it has been listed on this site with no reviews. Had I not spied a tin on ebay one evening just before it sold, we wouldn't even have this review. I've never met anyone who claims to have smoked it nor anyone who can say for sure that they had seen it for sale. That is how scarce this blend is in our pipe smoking community. My tin was still sealed but had dehydrated to a substantial extent. Originally a spun cut tobacco, my tin had gotten beat up some and it was a mixture of coins and roughage that was still smokeable. Being dehydrated to a certain extent caused the leaf to burn somewhat quickly and it did roughen my tongue some in the beginning. The top third of the bowl was a blah experience that reminded me of MacBaren's Latakia blend, only, somewhat milder. The middle third of the smoke was the most interesting part; due mainly to the cigar-like aroma that began to creep into the mixture. However, the bottom third stalled an sunk back into the blah category again. So, all in all, scarcity or not, it wasn't worth the wait - two stars.

Pipe Used: Northern Briars sea urchin

Age When Smoked: unknown/my guess=10-20 yrs old

Purchased From: ebay seller

Similar Blends: MacBaren's Latakia blend, and it looks like it too.