A blend in memory of our founder Steffen Nielsen's wife, Inge-Lise who passed away last year. A blend of matured bright Virginia and rich Cavendish tobacco. The master blender has added the following flavours: Almond, Vanilla and lots of Chocolate. The mixture is hand pressed for a week and then rubbed out.

BrandPaul Olsen
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlmond, Cocoa / Chocolate, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
acesgr Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
acesgr (4)

This blend was one of my first ever tried in my pipe smoking journey.I say its a semi aromatic or a light aromatic not heavily flavored.Its a blend of matured and bright virginia, and Cavendish tobacco. Then added following flavours: Almond, vanilla and lots of chocolate.You definitely taste chocolate almond and a bit vanilla way back, but the second more intense aroma that came to me was some kind of alcohol ... maybe rum.I thought it would not match all together but the result is surprising balanced and tasteful.From aroma tin and smoke experience to room note that is a very good quality tobacco blend , recommended for beginners and not only.If not puffing fast , no bite at all, burn nicely to a white ash with a bit of moist at the end of the bowl.My own blend has many good quality tobacco and this is one of them

Pipe Used: stanwell poker 207

Purchased From: Danish pipe shop

Paul Olsen - Mrs Nielsen (My Own Blend).

I've been opening a few of my aromatics in preparation for the festive season, and on the menu today is Mrs Nielsen. To set the scene further, I'm using my new Peterson Christmas 2016 for this review!

The mixture hasn't been rubbed out all the way to ribbons, it still contains a few rather chunky pieces. The composition appears to be prominently Virginias and Cavendish with a small amount of Black Cavendish. It has a bit of a perplexing smell; I'm sure I can detect alcohol but that's absent from the smoke!

Something I find disagreeable about Mrs N is tongue bite; this makes it a redundant addition to my cellar. As that's subjective, I'll move on! The flavour's quite nice: of all the aromatic additions there's not one that seems to stand out above the others; it's a well balanced flavour. The tobaccos' don't taste as heavy as a lot of aromatic blends can do sometimes; due to the small amount of Black Cavendish and larger amount of Virginia and Brown Cavendish it's not a flavour packed with way too much vanilla cream.

The nicotine's just above mild, and the room note's quite nice.

Even though this bites me I'm still recommending it.

Three stars.