A blend in memory of our founder Steffen Nielsen's wife, Inge-Lise who passed away last year. A blend of matured bright Virginia and rich Cavendish tobacco. The master blender has added the following flavours: Almond, Vanilla and lots of Chocolate. The mixture is hand pressed for a week and then rubbed out.

BrandPaul Olsen
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlmond, Cocoa / Chocolate, Vanilla
Strength
Taste

Paul Olsen - Mrs Nielsen (My Own Blend).

I've been opening a few of my aromatics in preparation for the festive season, and on the menu today is Mrs Nielsen. To set the scene further, I'm using my new Peterson Christmas 2016 for this review!

The mixture hasn't been rubbed out all the way to ribbons, it still contains a few rather chunky pieces. The composition appears to be prominently Virginias and Cavendish with a small amount of Black Cavendish. It has a bit of a perplexing smell; I'm sure I can detect alcohol but that's absent from the smoke!

Something I find disagreeable about Mrs N is tongue bite; this makes it a redundant addition to my cellar. As that's subjective, I'll move on! The flavour's quite nice: of all the aromatic additions there's not one that seems to stand out above the others; it's a well balanced flavour. The tobaccos' don't taste as heavy as a lot of aromatic blends can do sometimes; due to the small amount of Black Cavendish and larger amount of Virginia and Brown Cavendish it's not a flavour packed with way too much vanilla cream.

The nicotine's just above mild, and the room note's quite nice.

Even though this bites me I'm still recommending it.

Three stars.