We have drawn inspiration from the flair of the Caribbean to create an exotic taste and - how else - coconut is one component that we could not leave out. The superb balance between golden brown Virginia, Black Cavendish and Virginia cube cut is beautifully rounded off by a pinch of Burley. To enhance the coconut, we have added enthralling aromas of further tropical fruits and mouth-watering vanilla. This culmination of exotic and sweet notes is bursting with a fruity yet fresh taste.

BrandRattray

2.0
Marky boy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marky boy (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

When arriving back at my local pipe shop,(Edinburgh pipe shop),for the second time in one day,had asked the young gent if I could nose this blend,well I was overwhelmed with the tropical notes of the Caribbean,also the cavendish and the Virginias,so good,the smoke is heaven,if you like your aromatics ,well you must try this you won't be disappointed.

Pipe Used: Peterson,bent,system 313

Purchased From: edinburgh pipe shop.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Rattray's-Caribbean Dream.

I've smoked quite a few aromatics lately, normally I prefer plain/straight blends but fancied a touch of excitement! So here we have Caribbean Dream, judging by the description it's a full-on aromatic!

The nose from the blend is mainly exotic fruit with a slightly herby touch. I can't identify much coconut but as far as I'm aware coconut doesn't have much of a smell?!

There's an even selection of the tobaccos, it's not primarily just one variety, the tobaccos are evenly distributed.

Bare in mind this was from a sample bag. The moisture is perfect albeit I can't comment on a sealed tins hydration.

Once lit the coconut is far more conspicuous than in the un-lit note. It isn't what I'd call strong but it's easier to pick out.

The fruits on the other hand are a lot stronger, I can't argue with the description where it says "exotic taste", it really is vibrant!

Vanilla? Well I don't even get the slightest inkling of vanilla, there can't be any included!

The nicotine is of a medium amount, satiating yet not head spinning!

All well but sadly that's going to change now as this bites bad. No matter what technique I employ it still leaves my tongue nearly ruined!

The room note is exotic and fruity but it seems too false for my preferences.

All this has done is make me realise why I'm better off sticking with my usual simple blends. The taste is too busy and my tongue hurts from it!

Not recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Baskerville

Purchased From: Smoke king

Skoma Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skoma (26)

What a disapointment! Since I am a huge fan of Rattray´s summer editions I thought I couldn´t go wrong with Caribbean Dream. I was wrong! Nice looking mixture composed of golden, brown and black with a slightly artificial smell of cocos. The smoke fills my mouth with taste of cocos and only after midbowl there shimmers a little nuttines in it. And that´s pritty all I can say about taste. No fruitiness detected. What stays in mind is the extra harsh bite it delivers and what makes this blend unsmokable for me! Never suffered anything comparable before or after! Terrible!