​Old Glory is a celebration of summer. Virginias, Burleys and steamed black Cavendish are combined with ripe summer fruit flavors with a creamy note. It has the character of a freshly-baked slice of fruit pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
Blended ByRuss Ouellette
FlavoringCherry, Fruit / Citrus, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

Cherry, fruit, and a hint of vanilla. It kind of smells like a birthday cake with vanilla ice cream, but it tastes more like vanilla rum, with a little bit of cherry/fruit.

Pipe Used: Crown Meershchaum Lined Bowl

Age When Smoked: One Month

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

Similar Blends: Nothing else I've smoked.

Pilot Lon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pilot Lon (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

With retirement, it was time to find a replacement for the OTC junk I've smoked over the years, and I ordered 25 or so samples from P&C, for some reason saving Old Glory to the last. And, I surely was NOT disappointed. This was my immediate and continuing fave among three (1Q and BCA the others), and is now my everyday choice. It took a while to really identify the bag note. I was getting a prune-chocolate (think Lindt 70% cocoa bars)-cherry aroma from the pouch, and finally decided that it's a "Dr Pepper" aroma. But, when smoked, that combo takes a gentle back seat to clouds of vanilla and toasted marshmallow. The choco-cherry is still there, but subtle and well behaved, never harsh, always cool burning.

Since this one is destined to be discontinued, I immediately ordered a bunch to cellar, and will order more, if it happens to go on sale, as the FDA rules come in. There is a good tobacco taste, but the other flavors, while dominating, are not overwhelming. It's just a delightful, all-day, every-day smoke for me. I carry some wherever my travels take me, and the room note gets excellent comments from those around me.

It took a while to find a replacement for my long-remembered Edgeworth Gold. And, while this doesn't have as much carmel as I was hoping for, there's enough to make this one of my only two choices. I mix Lane 1-Q and BCA 50/50 for other times, when I just want even more of the vanilla-carmel flavors, and perhaps just a bit less of the tobacco taste.

My experimenting is over. This one is definitely a keeper. Absolutely worth a try, in my opinion, if you're still searching.

Pipe Used: Aristocobs - various