Black Bogie, cooked longer than Brown Bogie, makes this milder with a smoky aroma. A true old fashioned stout smoke with a good strength suiting the more experienced pipe smoker.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
CutRope
Strength
Extremely Strong
Taste
Very Full
1.0
Extremely Strong None Detected Very Full Tolerable

Gawith Hoggarth-Kendal Black Bogie. Strong!! When I opened the pouch I noticed that very pungent, almost acrid Virginia smell that is usually present in the stronger GH' ropes. It needs a fair amount of drying, when I sliced my first coins they felt a bit tacky so I had to put them aside to allow his to decrease. It burns well leaving a pure white ash and the smoke is fairly cool with no tongue bite. Sadly I can't be so positive about the taste. There is the flavour of Virginia but this is somewhat concealed by a harsh, bitterness. I think the area that this is best suited to is nicotine satisfaction. To me (who doesn't smoke for N) that seems the only feasible reason for wanting to smoke this. There isn't much of an interesting character to the taste, that is, of course, unless you are intrigued to try something harsh and bitter! This would, without a doubt, be very good for a nicotine smoker but it doesn't do much for me. One star.

Pipe Used: Davorin Denovic Morta