DVC stands for Dark Virginia Cavendish, produced by heating Virginia leaf with lots of steam. This process removes a lot of the stronger elements in the leaf resulting in a mild smoke.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsCavendish
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth-DVC Un-Scented. I must admit that upon opening what greeted me was far lighter than I expected seeing that DVC stands for Dark Virginia Cavendish. It's not golden or anything but more of a medium brown. The mix isn't only ribbons, there are a few small pieces in there that resemble tiny broken flakes. I can fill and light without airing it and once lit it really is one hell of a mild smoke! It isn't as sweet as say a Black Cavendish, it only has an underlying sweetness. The main flavour is like a very subdued Virginia, slightly bright, slightly citrusy, slightly grassy and slightly sweet. I can't say I notice much nicotine from this, even if I inhale (which I don't make a habit of doing) I only get a minute dose. The smoke is fairly cool, it has to be stressed to become uncomfortable. This is quite a surprisingly enjoyable smoke on its own but I think an area where this would do a brilliant job would be calming down a harsh blend by giving its chilled out character to the blend.

As I said, this has surprised me a little, I was expecting a bland, boring and mundane blend but this is the epitome of relaxation! Recommended.

Pipe Used: Nording Tulip #3