A mixture of pressed Virginias which are warmed up to increase natural flavour. Then, real Scottish malt whisky is added. The result is a balanced, fresh and sweet tobacco.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended BySTG
Manufactured BySTG
FlavoringWhisky
Packaging40g Pouch
Strength
Taste

STG - Jock Scott Creamy Malt.

Whisky aromatics are ten-a-penny, and often they can be bitter, harsh, and bitey. A whisky aro' really requires the 'X Factor' to make it stand out. What's this like? Here's what I think:

My favourite feature about Jock Scott is the pouch note: as well as it having an easily obtained whisky addition, it also has an aroma of dough/fresh bread; it's absolutely delicious!

The different types of tobacco are well distributed in the pouch, there looks to be an equal quantity of each kind.

I'd describe it as being more of a Course Cut mixture, instead of just a Ready Rubbed blend. And it has a decent water content to it, so on with the smoke:

I mentioned at the beginning how this would need to have the X Factor to set it apart from the others in this group of aromatics. Does it have it? Let's see:

I'm perplexed by the whisky flavour, or LACK OF whisky flavour. Often a whisky aromatic can taste like a bar-room towel, but this doesn't. It has a notable flavour of whisky, but none of the astringent qualities that can often come through. If I'm honest, I didn't enjoy my first bowl, I felt disappointed by the lack of whisky, but after a few bowls I found myself accepting, and somewhat enjoying the flavour profile: it's more of a malty taste instead of an alcoholic one.

The nicotine amount's typical for an aromatic: mild!

Ahh, the X factor..... yes or no? Well, to be fair it doesn't taste like every other whisky aro' out there, so I guess it would get a four star rating for that. But for me, it doesn't deserve a full house. It's very good, but it's not great; ergo, three stars.

Recommended.