The 2015 limited edition from My Own Blend has arrived! A very interesting cut plug from My Own Blend. With this years edition My Own Blend go back in time. This plug consists of a tasty blend of Dark Black Cavendish, White Burley, Golden Virginia and a pinch of Dark Fired Kentucky. The Black Cavendish gives you a hint of Vanilla plus they have added Maracuja and Rum.

Notes: http://www.paul-olsen.dk

Very Strong
Taste
1.0
Medium Very Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Paul Olsen-My Own Blend-2015 Ltd Edition. If I'm honest, prior to finding this I'd never heard of a maracuja. I had no idea what one was. After some useful google research it transpired that it's closely related to a passion fruit. "Sounds good to me, I quite like passion fruit" I thought so decided to try some.

The fruit comes over strong from the plug. Even before it's removed from the plastic bag it's sealed in I can smell some from the tin!

Once removed from the packaging this is the most unique plug to prepare I've had. Strange, it doesn't NEED a knife as it can actually be just rubbed/broken from the plug and then further crumbled if required. It doesn't need any extra time to dry so I fill my pipe and begin.

Upon the very first puff my expectations about the strength of the fruit are confirmed. The maracuja's been added so heavy it eradicates any flavours from the tobaccos. It totally hides any other tastes.

Another bad point that's quickly brought to light is the heat of the smoke. It is simply far too warm, well more like HOT!

The nicotine amount is about medium but could be considered stronger if big gulps of smoke are taken.

At first I found this a little quirky but as time went on, not too much I might add, it just slipped lower and lower in my opinion. Too fruity, not enough tobacco tastes and leaves the mother of all ghosts behind.

Not recommended.