A chocolate lover's delight! This rich black cavendish flavored with deep, dark chocolate, but not too sweet, that has been described as fine European chocolate or Devil's Food cake in a pipe. It's very cool smoking with an aroma that is absolutely mesmerizing.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Sweet / Sugar
Strength
Extremely Mild, Medium
Medium, Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Medium
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Extremely Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

McClelland - No. 403 Darkest Chocolate.

I've smoked Bob's Chocolate in all of the available forms: ready rubbed, flake, and plug, and they were thoroughly enjoyable. But this one, this sets a new standard for chocolate aromatic's.

As it's a clear polythene pouch I can see that the tobacco's very dark and coarse cut. And then, when I open the pouch, the smell comes into play, and damn it's good! The blend's a bit moist, well nearly wet, so needs to be dried, but after that it's a real joy.

It's a doddle to ignite, just a match or regular flame should be enough power. The chocolate flavour's remarkably true: there's even that subtle bitterness that comes from high quality, very flavoursome, dark chocolate. I find this quite unique as a lot of chocolate blends just resemble cheap milk chocolate, but this has a fair amount of raw cocoa flavour to it. It burns very well, and the burn gives an unbelievably cool smoke, it's just ultimately relaxing! The tobacco flavour's a perfect companion to the chocolate: vanilla and chocolate, what's not to love?!

I can't get enough of the room-note, and I assume many non smokers would feel the same: it's like being in a chocolate shop! And the nicotine amount would have a struggle to be classed as extremely mild; it's the weakest I've had!

This, chocolate fans, is singularly the best chocolate blend I've had.

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Ebony System #314

Purchased From: 4noggins

paulw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulw (52)

My Nephew and his wife love this blend, too bad Mcclelland has closed.I was actually impressed with this blend.The blend reminds me of a chocolate BCA by Lane Limited which is pretty good!The room note is very chocolate and the taste is very dark chocolate.I will miss Mccelland my Nephew and his wife have stocked up the best they could in such short notice.Onward to their next new favorite blend discovery!

Pipe Used: Peterson briar pipe

Purchased From: The Albatross

Similar Blends: Sutliff Chocolate blend.