A pure flue cured Virginia which if smoked slowly has a delicate hay taste and wonderful sweetness. Thanks to the addition of Black Cherry there is a little extra sweetness. Not the usual sticky, gloopy affair found in many aromatics but a subtle and natural addition to the taste.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
FlavoringCherry
CutShag
Strength
Taste
2.0

Gawith Hoggarth-Kendal Gold Black Cherry. I would say this is one of the lightest cherry aromatics I have tried. The initial nose from the pouch is different to other cherry aro's. It doesn't smell thick, heavy or really sweet. This quality is reflected in the smoke. There is no mistaking it's a cherry cased tobacco however it is of much less weight in comparison to regular cherry blends. I normally find I get a rather gloopy sensation in my mouth after a short while when smoking a cherry aro' but I don't have that with this one. The flavour from the Virginia comes through well, rather than being smothered by an over sweet cherry taste! Nicotine is about mild to medium in this one. Probably too light for some people. It can issue a small bite to me. Not particularly bad but a bite nevertheless! The room note is again quite mild with the cherry. Identifiable as cherry but not harsh. I think this is a perfect strength of added flavour for someone to begin their journey of aromatics with. For me though it's just a bit boring! Two stars.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Roma