Odin's Wind marries nutty Burley with bright Virginia and a smooth, mellow Black Cavendish, topped with a slightly sweet vanilla note.

Notes: Not connected to the Bjarne line of pipe tobaccos.

BrandBjarne Viking
Blended Bypipesandcigars.com
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group Lane Ltd.
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
rushm1n3r Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rushm1n3r (18)
Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

If you're looking for a mild and wonderful aromatic, Odin's Wind is worth a try. After enjoying a half-tin, here are my notes:

No tongue bite. Light, pleasant room note. Raw tobacco had a hint of vanilla on top of a rich, yet mild, aroma of currents. Smoked cool and dry--no gurgling--after letting dry for a half day in humid Connecticut summer heat. Smoked easy, like a smooth root beer float (don't let my simile scare you off!). Halfway through, the taste became richer with a hint of chestnuts. Goes great with Guinness. Mild, sweet nicotine buzz. Great for an early morning smoke.

Edit: Finished my tin, loved it the entire way through.

Pipe Used: Peterson Kenmare

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin dried for half-day.

Liam Tyr Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Liam Tyr (17)

+++UPDATE +++

Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate this tin anywhere. I asked P&C and here is the response.

**Thank you for your interest in P&C! Bjarne Viking Odin’s Wind has been discontinued and, will not be coming back in the market. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Stefanie P&C Customer Service ======== Sorry to bring the bad news Below is my original review

I really liked this tobacco. I know a lot of people feel that its "Just OK" I think it is really good for what it is. A simple honey and caramel light Aromatic. It smokes cool and a little wet, but all in all it has a really nice flavor and room note that keeps me coming back for more. If they went out of business tomorrow, I would grab as many cans as I could because its a great tobacco. Try it out, it might just surprise you.

Pipe Used: Tom Eltang Pot, Savinelli Nonpareil 9107

Purchased From: Mission Pipe, San Jose, Ca, USA. http://www.missionpipe.com

Old German puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old German puffer (105)

This is a very mild tobacco. Taste is almost all burley. It is like smoking half and half but without the room note as strong. Lights well if left to sit out. Smokes to an ash with no dottle. It's ok. But not a major tobacco player.

Pipe Used: KBB, Kopp,

Age When Smoked: fresh tin

Purchased From: JR'S Cigar Outlet

J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (76)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This came as part of a 3 tin Vanilla lover sampler. Right off the bat, I'll say this was the best of the three. It's of typical aromatic construction, with vanilla and some sort of indistinguishable but pleasant fruity toppings. Nothing very standout, on the whole. But it smokes well, even right out of the tin, and I never got tongue bite, so bonus points there. There's a good deal of flavor in the smoke too(topping flavor) that translates well from the tin note....I don't think there's any worse tobacco than an aromatic blend which burns hot with thin smoke and weak flavor. This one performed nicely in all aspects. Ghosting of the pipe didn't seem to be much of a problem either. It's good, better than many(maybe even most), but not unique enough to be great. It's worth a try, especially if you've got an affinity for fruitier vanillas.

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (79)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I let this dry out a little before smoking. Overall it is a solid Vanilla Aro, pleasant room and tin note, burns well, not too hot. No bite. Not one of my favorites, nothing spectacular, but a pretty good smoke

Saint Del Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Saint Del (5)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Got this in a sampler trio from P&C. Tiring of my usual english blends, I've been exploring aromatics and this is one I like rather a lot. Smokes cool, meaty mouth feel, tastes good, a bit of sweetness, not too much, still tobacco. Will probably buy again.

Gripsholm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gripsholm (21)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

I really liked this one. Odin’s wind is one of the best vanillas I’ve tried yet. The tin note, the flavor, and the room note were all exceptionally pleasing. Not too sweet, very simply reminded me of the aroma of a vanilla bean. Not complicated but very pleasing. The tobacco is moist in the tin, but lit and smoked just fine. The only complaint I have is that I had a few stems in the tin. If it weren’t for the stems, I probably would’ve given it four stars.

Pipe Used: Caked Briar