Our very own pipe tobacco, sweet to the taste, mild and definitely worth a try.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Manufactured ByAlfie Turmeaus
Blend TypeVirginia Based
Strength
None Detected, Mild
Taste

Alfie Turmeaus-Second Wave. This is a brilliant smoke, very enjoyable indeed.

It is without a doubt more of a mixture, not a straight ready rubbed. In the pouch there are quite a few fairly coarse pieces of broken flake.

The smell from the pouch conjures up an old fashioned feeling to me. I don't identify any additives but I get a full tobacco fragrance.

It's of a good moisture, even the slightly bigger broken flake pieces haven't kept too much water in them.

The flavour of the smoke brings the same classic feeling to mind as did the aroma. I wouldn't say it's a straight Virginia. There is unequivocally a large amount of Virginia grassy notes but I get a certain nuttiness that normally stems from Burley or Kentucky.

The nicotine would probably be appreciated by most types of smokers. Easily obtained however there's not too much of it.

A bowl of Second Wave burns brilliantly. It doesn't take ages to get lit and it's very well behaved throughout.

This doesn't bite one bit and it's not too warm in temperature. This really is a superbly comfortable smoke.

This is an excellent blend, I kinda wish I'd bought more than the smallest pouch!

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: GBD Oom Paul

Purchased From: Robert Graham

Got this in a trade with StevieB. Many thanks, my friend.

Well Steve, I'm gonna agree and disagree with you on this one. I disagree about there being no topping. I get a mild but persistent floral Lakeland style topping. It ghosted one of my cobs reserved for straight Virginias. Had to give it the salt treatment to save it. It does taste nice, although it's a bit stronger than I prefer. The Virginias are fruity and mildly earthy and obviously of very good quality. I agree that there is a touch of Kentucky in this. It's very lightly applied and only shows itself in the last 1/4 of the bowl. Overall, a very pleasant smoke, just wish they had gone a little lighter on the florals.

Medium in body and taste. Flavoring is mild. Burns very well.

Pipe Used: MM Little Devil Cutty, Little Devil Acorn, Marcus

Age When Smoked: Almost a year.

Purchased From: acquired in trade with StevieB