A mellow and lightly sweet blend of burley and smooth black cavendish with a vanilla topping.

Notes: Modestly priced: launched by P&C in 2015 at $4.99/tin.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
2.3
J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (86)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm surprised to be the 1st reviewer here. All in all a really decent vanilla aro at a decent tin price. Topping is lightly done and tobacco seems quite dry for an aromatic, but in no way is this negative, because there's plenty of flavor and not a bit of gurgle. Right out of the tin with no drying, I might add. Mixture is about equal parts black cavendish and really pale golden white burley. Color of the leaf is remarkable, I'm not used to seeing such light colored burley.Tin smells like strong vanilla and brown sugar. Flavor is toasty, faintly fruity and mildly sweet, and vaguely reminds me of vanilla bean ice cream. Excellent burn characteristics, too. In time this one may grow on me enough to make regular rotation, but for now it's just a pleasant change of routine now and then. It's well done, I recommend it, especially if you have an affinity for vanillas on the more natural, fruitier part of the spectrum.

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

canvas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canvas (94)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I bought this one on a whim to fill a large order and had no expectations one way or the other, but after smoking it, I wondered if I somehow forgot how to pack a pipe! The experience was mired with blockage, uneven burning, wetness, bitter spots, and just about everything unpleasant when smoking. My tin was a mix of huge unshredded dime sized leaves and schnitzels ground to powder, making the burn all wonky.

The aroma was light, and like most vanilla blends I've tried, pretty non descript and just simply some kind of sweet. Sure there is a mix of all kind of tobaccos in here, but nothing jumped out as the leader.

If it wasn't for the aforementioned issues with the burn, it would get a passable 2 stars, but as it is...

Corncob3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob3 (69)

Yummy-and this coming from someone who doesn't smoke vanilla aromatics. But just like A Few Too Many in this series by P&C, this appears to be SPV repackaged in a tin. Smooth and gentle, yet a tad too sweet for this palate. I see this more as an after dinner type. Got this one on clearance, along with A Few Too Many. I get a hint of berries (like in Independence Day). This is a fast burner midway down then slows quite a bit. I enjoyed this one, but it will be a once in a while affair.

Similar Blends: Smoker's Pride Vanilla.