Cavicchi is a blend of full-bodied Burleys, topped with subtle notes of chocolate and port.

Notes: The Scuderia blends, a "small-batch," limited-production series, were released in April 2015 and honor several of the legendary pipe makers. This one honors Claudio Cavicchi.

ContentsBurley
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Cocoa / Chocolate
Packaging2oz. Tin
Strength
Taste
2.3
lasttango Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lasttango (5)

I'm in my 40's. I have smoked a pipe for around 8 years. I mostly smoke non-aromatics. The tin I opened was almost two years old, so I imagine it mellowed since the fist reviewer smoked it in 2015. I am very picky when it comes to Aromatics. Most lose their appeal before I get half way through a bowl. I have several cans of aromatics sitting around that I will likely never smoke again. C+D's Cavicchi is an exception. You really taste the burley... . The port and chocolate add a very noticeable dimension of richness without taking over your palate. You know you are smoking burley. It's not so complex. It would make a great all-day blend for me. There's enough nicotine to get me going and the flavor is consistent from when I light the bowl until it turns into a fine, white ash. A+++ well done.

Pipe Used: Hilson Skater, cob, Kristen bulldog

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (155)
Very Strong Mild to Medium Full Tolerable

Is this an aromatic? I thought of it as a strong burley with a mild topping. I very much enjoyed it. It's a little too much to do more than 1-2 bowls in a row. Otherwise, its a nice burley cross-over. That and Cavicchi is my favourite pipe maker.

eggmcmuffin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
eggmcmuffin (1)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Very Mild Strong

It is lousy, and it tastes like a re-lit cigar. And a cheap cigar at that. Old man Cavicchi really got hosed on this one. Poor guy.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 616 KS Trevi Rustic

Age When Smoked: New (to me) tin 4/2016

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

Medium Mild Medium Tolerable

This is a disappointment. It taste like it was made with C&D's bulk Dark Burley with a mild fruit (the Port)/chocolate topping. I've been toying with Dark Burley for a couple weeks now trying to find a way to make it less harsh and bitter with no success. This blend, in the first half of the bowl, is harsh. The harshness mellows a little in the second half, but that's when it starts to turn bitter. It does have some fairly bold Burley flavors to go with it and the topping is pleasant until it burns off about halfway through. I just can't recommend this. I'm a big fan of most C&D offerings, but this is certainly not one of them.

Medium in body and flavor. Mild in flavoring. Burns well.

Pipe Used: MM General, Country Gentleman, Mark Twain