Comprised of mainly golden Virginia, with a dark air cured core. For decades this Bogie twist is usually sliced up and sold all over the world as Curly Cut.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith Hoggarth
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
CutRope
Strength
None Detected, Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild, Medium

Gawith Hoggarth-Blonde Bogie. What a cracking smoke! The actual twist lives up to its name, being a very light colour. It's not too thick, probably just over a centimetre across. When I sliced mine I realized that it's quite dense so it can't be rubbed after it's been cut into coins instead I have to bunch the coins together and then re slice them. I see that it's a little too moist, granted it's smokeable but a short airing would be beneficial to it. With that said I slice mine and then let it have some time for the moisture to decrease. Once I have my pipe filled and get it lit it's more than worth the meticulous preparation. The flavour is a very full and uncomplicated Virginia one. There is no arguing with the fact that this is a straight Virginia! The smoke doesn't bite me any, not even if I really give it some. I don't get too much nicotine from this. It isn't really weak but it might be too little for N lovers. Although the room note is a full Virginia one it doesn't create a huge volume of smoke in the room, it might be a good one to smoke with company. I think the most succinct comment I can make about this is "if you love Virginia and are prepared to prepare it correctly then get some"! Highly recommended!

Pipe Used: Peder Jeppesen

Purchased From: GQ Tbaccos

Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

I wish that I could say that I liked my little hunk of Blonde Bogie, but had trouble in several areas; slicing and dicing and stuffing was tough. So was keeping the tobacco lit. And, like Connecticut wrapper on a cigar, the flavor was too light, especially after all that work. I know that there is no mention of casing in Blonde Bogie, but I detected something... maybe just me, but I didn't like that either.

G&H makes a lot of wonderful tobacco and perhaps a lot of other smokers love this one, too. But, I didn't.