Black Cavendish, light virginias as and spiced burley is used in this mixture. The sight of this mixture contrast filled pipe tobacco sharpens the scenses to the experienced smoker, and is only superseded by the flavor of vanilla and honey. A mild, but very aromatic mixture with garanteed a balanced burnrate. The Aroma is wonderful and quite pleasant.

BrandSørensen
Taste
tobakkvarer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tobakkvarer (5)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

When I was in Bergen, Norway, I picked up a tin of this at Sørensen. It was a little bit of a souvenir, but then I was not coming far. It seems like this can only be bought in Norway, unless they can ship internationally. At least that doesn't concern me much, since I live in Norway. I am ordering another tin soon.

So far in my pipe smoking career, which spans 7 months as of this writing, the aromatics that I would usually get would be similar in characteristic. I think that I need to perfect my technique with them, but they usually taste great at the start and then, halfway through the bowl, I feel like I am just smoking ash. This is sort of not the case with Sørensen Mixture. Every bowl I remembered and the one I had recently consistently delivered for me. At the very least, that says a lot.

The taste, which is described as a vanilla and honey, also has a slight chocolately taste. This is probably the power of suggestion, since that's what they said at the store in Bergen. It's not overpowering in both the tin note or the smoke. I think the moisture level was fine out of the tin, but I did leave it out (at the time, unaware of the finer aspects of moisture levels in tobacco, but I will update this when I crack open another tin.)

If you live in Norway or are visiting and enjoy a good aromatic try to get a tin of this. Just be aware that 50 grams of tobacco ranges roughly from 300-400 NOK, which is $30-$40 USD with the current exchange rates. I seen this priced on the lower end of the range.

Pipe Used: Peterson Irish Made Army, Basket Pipe