A deep black blend of Black Cavendish and a touch of condimental tobaccos, refined with sweet licorice and a hint of cherry flavor.

BrandKleinlagel
2.0
Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (105)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Cherritz surely isn’t everybody’s darling. This high aromatic blend smells intensely sweet out of the tin like cherry molasses of some kind and maybe anisette. The Latakia has no chance to cut through yet; the topping is way too intense to perceive anything else. For your judgment it might be important to know that I really enjoy Sillem’s Black and C&D Cross Eyed Cricket every once in a while, just for being different. That given, Cherritz will be right up your alley.

Once lit it reminds me of SG Black Cherry. The flavor is present, but way less intense and not as sweet as in comparison to the tin note. It is darker and deeper to me, not annoying, with a little bit of spice from the Latakia developing as you go. I never got an actual smoky/campfire taste from it. Compared to mainstream (European) aromatics, this blend has more body, is mysteriously satisfying to me. I’d say medium in strength, that cuts through a filter well and I even prefer it this way. It is slow burning, developing a fair amount of smoke. By mid-bowl I get smooth sour cherry desert on a nutty/dark chocolaty Black Cavendish basis.

I would never recommend Cherritz to Latakia lovers, but I do recommend this unique blending approach to those who like Black Cavendish based, fruity aromatics for a change of pace. King of the English/aromatic hill remains Sillem’s Black for me.

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter

Similar Blends: Sillem’s Black, C&D Cross Eyed Cricket.