The ultimate luxury mixture from the respected house of John Aylesbury!

We began with a spun cut mixture of prime golden and red Virginias combined with Black Cavendish, gently adding real gin and brandy whilst the mixture is carefully turned for cutting. Hints of the finest Burley, extra velvet Cavendish and torn bright Virginia are then introduced to the full bodied brilliant bouquet of this premium blend.

The final result brings forth an irresistible scent of melting caramel that is certain to enchant you and all who may be in the vicinity of such a special aroma.

BrandJohn Aylesbury
Taste

Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (105)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

John Aylesbury Premium Blend was introduced to the market way too fresh. By opening the tin you were greeted by an intense caramel topping that was not synthetic but overwhelming at first. It felt immature during the smoke, while neither the used tobaccos, nor the gin/brandy had a chance to get through. Therefore I got an occasional bite when I wasn’t careful.

The potential was there I thought and let it sit for about two years.

What I got was a sophisticated aromatic for those who like aromatics at medium strength. Caramel is still present, but more as in Larsen No. 32, together with that alcoholic note I was missing when fresh. Virginia tickle, no bite. On the way to the bottom of the bowl you sporadically hit one of the small curly cuts in the mix, which keeps it not only interesting, but I can even see myself placing them with purpose and then celebrate like a child when I hit one. The premium blend became what it’s called and one of my favorite aromatics. Enjoy!

Pipe Used: Various with and without filter