Cup O' Joes

Taste
firefox5 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
firefox5 (20)
Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This is my fourth review of a CupOJoe blend, and it was the lightest. Upon opening the tin I had to stick my nose into the can to smell the sweet tobacco. Even when rubbed in my hand, all I could smell was sweet tobacco. It packed well and burned to the bottom of an EA Carey without bite. Sweetness is what I noted with this natural tobacco without toppings. The woman said this was "Off" smelling, and the least pleasing to her nose; she has come to ask me to smoke #5 Bigfoot when she is about. I have an unfiltered Monarch, bought from EA Carey; that I smoke when I "Walk-About". Here in Tacoma, Washington; we often have cool(42 F) drizzles(Misty Rains); and while out in the drizzle, the pipe developed a gurgle and a slight bite near the bottom of the bowl. As such I have to give this blend, three and a half stars.

Pipe Used: EA Carey Magic Inch & Monarch

Age When Smoked: Unknown

Purchased From: Cup O' Joes Tobacco Cafe/www.cupojoes.com/888-689-6878/Queensbury, NY, 12878

Similar Blends: EA Carey Traditional Virginia.

PhillyB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhillyB (65)
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This is my first Cup O' Joes blend and hopefully not my last, as it also is among the more pleasant of straight Virginias that I've had in every aspect.

The tin note is simply a mildly sweet tobacco, nothing really standing out but very pleasant.

The flavor is much the sane. Mildly sweet tobacco. This is what drugstore blends should be. Don't get me wrong, I like most of them, but they are simply lacking in quality. This taste is not going to amaze you, but I found that within two or three puffs I was sitting back with my eyes closed and just enjoying myself.

The room note won't win any awards either, but is mild and unassuming. Has a 'definitely tobacco' scent, but not a harsh and unpleasant one.

A solid blend. No complaints, but no epiphany either. More like a 3.5 star rating, but I can't bring myself to let that last star out to play.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Huck Finn

A very flavorful Virginia. Raisins/Figs and a wine-like note with a nice mild sweetness. It's a nice smoke by itself, but I prefer to mix a little Burley with it for some added complexity. Makes a great VaBur. My tin needed a short drying time. Burns very well. Burns cool. A very tasty smoke. Mild to medium in body and taste.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman, Mark Twain, Diplomat Apple