BrandBrigadier Black
Strength
Taste
Perigran Took Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Perigran Took (1)

This blend is very tasty, the maple is the prominent flavor with the rum taking a back seat, but occasionally makes it's presence known recommended for those who like the flavor of maple. One of the things I like in particular about this blend is the maple flavor is defiantly up front, but it's not overpowering or soupy. This blend is worth a try

Pipe Used: Savinell Qandale

Purchased From: Pipes &Cigars

Similar Blends: Cornell & Diehl - Autumn Evening.

jedibastard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jedibastard (21)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I really liked this blend quite a bit honestly. And im mainly an english smoker. Most aromatics give me horrible tounge bite. But i figured ill give this a shot.

I purchased this when it was dirt cheap on pipesandcigars. I figured i needed a good aromatic in my rotation instead of my CB White. And i wanted a good seasonal blend for fall and winter, when theres a gathering at my place

Rum and maple?? You have my attention!

Opening the tin, you are greated with everything it is discribed as. RUM AND MAPLE! and its not in any way over powering. Beautiful golden strands, that arent sticky. Kinda has that fake maple syrup aroma. But isnt horrible. But what do you expect in a "flavored" ANYTHING! I only use the real stuff on my pancakes and waffles. But this isnt throat grabbing either.

Lighting is a breeze.

The aroma is very mapley. And the rum adds a sweetness to it to where it becomes almost a maple carmel aroma. I never can taste rum in blends. I think it adds a sweetness to the aroma.

Flavor actually lasts the entire bowl. Unlike most aromatics where you get a flavor punch while lighting the bowl, then a burnt tobacco flavore the rest of the bowl. Tastes like maple! Go figure right? Every here and there you get a burnt sugar taste. Not a tiny bit of bite either. Sometimes i can puff a little hard, but with this one, you just get a bad burnt tobacco taste. But delicate sips give you an awesome flavorful smoke.

Room note is killer. And smoked outside on a COLD night just enhances the aroma. Ill be buying more once my tin is gone. One of the better aromatics in my opinion.

Pipe Used: Conway Billiard

glenn2586 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
glenn2586 (14)

This is an easy smoking blend. If you like aromatics you will love this tobacco. The flavorings are lightly infused and aren't overpowering. Very relaxing and highly enjoyable. And it is sold at a very resonable price.

Pipe Used: General MacArther Corn Cob

Purchased From: PipesandCigars.com

Similar Blends: not known.

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

To me, it seems kinda like a cigarette tobacco with some odd flavors. I don't want to knock it cause it's a vg value but it just wasn't right for me. I love maple syrup, REAL maple syrup, Dark Grade B. But I can't stand Mrs. Butterworth or Aunt Jemima, synthesized maple flavoring. Every once in a while, I get a whiff of that and that's the end of that...

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: SUTLIFF PRIVATE STOCK MAPLE STREET but WAY less expensive. I am a fan of Molte Dolce but Maple Street, for me, had the same vibe..