Using the original Fredrick Tranter recipe. Discs of Virginia with Perique centres create a very simple and satisfying blend.

BrandFrederick Tranter
Blended ByFrederick Tranter
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
CutCurly Cut
Strength
Taste
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Pleasant

Fredrik Tranter Circus Spin. I love roll cake/curly cut blends so when I stumbled across this whilst surfing the internet one evening I was utterly enthralled! I ordered mine from Havana House.com and was impressed with the speed it arrived in, the moment it dropped through my mailbox I got out my pipe imminently! The blend gives off a slightly sweet aroma with a spicy edge to it, very enticing! The appearance of the rolls covers every shade of tobacco colour possible, very dark centers with medium brown outsides and very light flecks throughout. The hydration?.... Perfect! I crumble/rub and fill with great ease and then begin, I have to say wow! It lights up easily and gives a steady burn delivering a medium temperature smoke which doesn't bite me. The flavour now, I have to use that word again... WOW! This gives a superbly spicy flavour of Perique, there is no mistaking that this is a Perique heavy Va-Per! I love it! Nicotine now, I like nic' heavy blends and this packs quite a punch, if you fear nicotine then this won't work for you! Ever since they discontinued Orlik Bullseye in the U.K I am always looking for suitable replacement roll cake blends and alongside Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls this will share that spot. Slap bang into my favorites list! Four stars.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin Calabash