A blend of ripe Virginia tobaccos and double fermented Cavendish with a mellow taste of ripe nuts and fruity forest berries.

BrandRadfords
Manufactured ByPoschl Tabak
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringBlackberry, Nuts / Beans
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.0
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

At the time I tried this blend, I was mostly doing the Blacks, with the occasional strong/weird aromatic in between. This was one of them.

The leaf a pretty much standard cut, the tin aroma was much more nut than berry to me. The 'baccy was rather moist on opening the tin at first, but nevertheless could be smoked without flooding the pipe in the process.

The leaf quality was about as good as that of any 'baccy I had experienced at the time; with maybe more VA in there than I was used to, this blend was quite well-behaved and was unremarkable in that it did not build up too much of a tarry taste towards the end of the bowl, which I was and am used to from most other heavily aromaticised tobaccos.

And heavily aromaticised this one was, especially in the nuts department. Nevertheless, I could taste the tobacco, and the entire experience was good enough for me to somewhat recommend, if you can actually find this 'baccy anywhere. I have a feeling that it may have been discontinued.

Bluebottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bluebottle (18)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Very dry thinly cut tobacco which packs and lights with expected ease. Fairly fruity, not terribly nutty, but tasty any way.

Pleasing room-note, reasonably mellow and smooth but due to very thin/fine shreds can burn too hot if not careful.

Too dry for my liking and too likely to burn hot due to my smoking style. Otherwise a fairly nice run-of-the-mill aromatic.