A cleverly harmonised composition of selected Virginia and Burley tobaccos, the best tobacco leaves are saturated by hand in Vintage Port for the unique soft aroma. The tobacco's tones are gold, reddish brown and black.

BrandRadfords
Manufactured ByPoschl Tabak
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
Strength
Extremely Mild, Medium
Very Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Medium to Full
Unnoticeable, Pleasant to Tolerable
1.5
elelion Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
elelion (25)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I was firstly attracted by the logo (English soldier with a churchwarden) when I was in a duty free store in HKG airport. That is the beginning of my pipe hobby. I bought my first pipe two weeks later... OK, right to the tobacco it self. I bought a pouch of this from a local tobacco store. Familier logo in the red background. stored it in the temp-con humidor for a month maybe before I opened the pouch. I was once again attracted by the tobacco, this time because of the flavory. It packed very tight in the original pouch but given some pressure from the finger, it separates easily. I packed it into my first pipe and lit it. I liked it.

One month later, I ordered a tin of Sunday's Fantasy, it was even better. So for Classic Port, I vote 2-stars.

Bluebottle Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bluebottle (18)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

This review is sparse at the moment, as this was one of the first blends I EVER smoked, nearly two years ago or more...

Sadly now UNAVAILABLE in the UK... I have a small sample kindly given to me by my tobacconist at Uni (McGahey's in Exeter, GB).

I shall do a proper review after the Christmas period when I intend to smoke some of the last few grammes of the stuff in Britain!

January 2004 Ok - Mission accomplished - I have smoked all that I had.

It was not as nice a smoke as my memory promised, the last time I tried this was a couple of years ago in my Upper Sixth year. This smoke was damp, hot and over-cased, the smooth fruity tones of Port I was expecting never materialised, the flavour in this sample was chemical and subdued so that one couldn't place the exact taste - and by the end of the smoke it became an irritating factor. I partially blame this on the quality of the tobacco - it felt odd when packing and I wonder if it was slightly mouldy or past its best - strange since it had come sealed in a Radford's promotional tin-foil package.

Either way, I'm not too fussed it's not available otherwise I may have been tempted to waste some money and time giving it another try. Ah well - never revisit the delights of youth, they are usually dashed by the more discerning attitudes which we all adopt as we age.