Extremely mild with a fragrantly sweet aroma.

BrandRadfords
Manufactured ByPoschl Tabak
FlavoringMaple
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

On rare occasions, this one pops up on eBay and when it does the bidding is usually low enough where I can scarf the tin. I love it! I am a fan of maple flavoring in my aromatic blends and this one has a strong maple flavor added to the Burley. The Virginia taste never came through for me although the descriptive indicates there is some Virginia leaf in this one. Not a strong tobacco regards nicotine, but sure is strong regards maple flavoring. Whenever I smoke it my wife says it reminds her of breakfast. Bring on the waffles!

Pipestud

Very Mild Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Radfords - Black Maple. This is what I call a good aromatic.

When I opened the pouch I couldn't believe how black it was; it's one of the darkest blends I've ever encountered! The smell instantly implies 'sweet smoke'; this is dead right!

It only takes a few puffs for me to realize how good an aromatic this is. The maple is without a doubt the captain of the ship, it leads the way nicely! I find with the flavour, the topping doesn't seem too thick, it's strong but it's not gloopy.

I find any tobacco flavours from this to be very mild, exactly as I'd expect from the tobaccos included; it's a very relaxing smoke.

Nicotine fits the caption 'very mild' too; it wouldn't harm a fly!

This is a cracking aromatic; a perfect beginners blend, great evening smoke and the note makes it superb to be smoked in company!

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Founders 150th Anniversary

Purchased From: Robert Graham.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

During my aromatics binge a few years after I had started smoking the pipe, a 100g tin of Black Maple made its way into my possession.

Upon opening, the aroma indeed hinted strongly at maple syrup; sweet yet dry but not too strong. The leaf was not all that black; it was more like a 50/50 mix of bright brown tobaccos and Black Cavendish. Packing was pretty much standard, lighting no hassle.

The blend burned somewhat unevenly, but did not require any relights and the tobacco remained well palatable throughout, but in both taste and aroma, this was, simply put, pure average. Nice, unobjectionable, palatable, but absolutely nothing one would go out of one's way to get.

A nice, mild, aromatic smoke well suited to the beginner for its mildness and general palatability and ease of maintenance. Then again, there are lots and lots more exciting blends out there.