Hard pressed for more than a month, then broken (ready rubbed) this premium Virginia cake has the flavors baked in, not added. Cognac, orange and honey subtly transform the tobacco into a gourmet experience.

BrandPipe Club
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
Strength
Taste
TK Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TK Pipe (101)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Pipe Club #3… Mfg in the EU (Germany) 100 grams of an all Va. tobacco blend in the form of broken flakes, housed in an attractive tin and is said to be 7+ years old, just too irresistible not to try. The tobacco is packed in a sealed gold foil bag enclosed in a actual square metal tin, a pleasant step back in time for sure. The tobacco itself was quite dry as you would expect, so I added some moisture, and let it sit until some slight spring was brought back to the tobaccos feel.

The foil bag had a slight cinnamon aroma to it, but I found the taste clearly of tobacco with nice notes of orange peel present. Somehow that combination worked together quite naturally, and produced a pleasantly robust smoke. The honey and Cognac said to also be part of this blend do what they always do in countless other blends, adds some sweetness and mouth feel, but IMO the thing that made this stuff kind of holiday like, is the Virginia/Orange peel taste combination. I don't think I ever smoked anything quite like this blend before, satisfying, no bite and plenty of that citrus/Va taste. Exhale this stuff through your nose and you'll see what I'm trying to describe. Would (if more was available) I add this to my rotation “no” but will I smoke PC #3 often as a treat, you bet, and that's was probably what the original blenders had in mind when they come up this concoction in the first place, and for that purpose I give PC#3 three plus stars.