The best of specially aromatic varieties from Tuscany and Umbria were selected for this Italian blend. The tellow of excellent Virginia grades harmonized with the dark reflections of black cavendish. A fragrant orange bouquet of delicately cool aromatic brilliance guarantees superb smoking pleasure.

BrandCellini
Taste
2.3
dzacca Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dzacca (8)

A nice and fresh aromatic. When you open the pouch you are overwhelmed by a strong smell of candied orange, and the tobacco tends to be a little bit too humid.

The cut is somewhat inconstant, especially for the virginia's part. It burns reasonably well once at the right humidity leaving a nice light-grey ash.

The strong orange smell that comes out of the pouch once opened dissipates with time becoming much more balanced. While smoking the orange notes are subtle and pleasant and, overall, the result is of a sweet and full smoke. As per most of the aromatics, you need to smoke it slowly to avoid it from overheating; let it get too hot and it'll become harsh, bitter, and will bite your tongue.

This one of the very few tobaccos that my wife tolerates as the room notes are quite sweet and pleasant.

For 7€ per 50 grams (on august 2015 in Italy) is quite a good smoke. Recommended for anyone who wants a good aromatic at a reasonable price.

Pipe Used: Brebbia Savana 601, MM Legend

Age When Smoked: 1 week

Purchased From: Hobby Fumo, Milan, Italy

Roger Xavierq Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roger Xavierq (34)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

For the lovers of a good aromatic, Cellini can provide a cool and easy smoke. The pouch aroma is of red fruits and vanilla. Nicely cutted, it comes in pouches not too dry or too moist. Easy to pack and light, this baccy burns evenly. NO

I gravitate more towards VA flakes and English Blends, so I find this to be too sweet for me. I would say I would smoke it once in a while, specially if my girlfriend is around, because the room note is really pleasent.

Apart from that, it's cheap enought and accessible enought. If you like ARO you will enjoy this. For me, it's more like an occasional thing.

Pipe Used: Stanwell

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the pouch

Purchased From: La Civet, Paris

Similar Blends: Davidoff Red Mixture, IMO.

Cellini - Classico Reserva.

Please note, I've posted the same review for Planta-Cellini Classico Riserva, and Cellini-Classico Riserva, as I'm unsure as to which of the two is the correct one to use.

Never, in my pipe smoking life, have I stumbled across such a horrible smelling blend: cheap sweets, fondant, and sugar!

Well, when I lit it, I hated it at first, but after a short while I began to almost like it, and after a longer while I actually found myself enjoying it! Yes, the flavour profile is comprised mainly of oranges, but there's also a slight vanilla touch, with a subtle grassiness in the background.

There isn't much nicotine to be had from this: it's mild at most. And the room-note's pretty good: fruity, peachy, and there's not too much smoke.

As I said, I do enjoy this, but it couldn't go into my rotation; I could only smoke it VERY sporadically.

Two stars.