A classic blend that contains a generous proportion of Latakia and Orient Turkish as well as a selection of Virginia Tobaccos. The mixture is rounded off with strong Havana and Black Cavendish Tobaccos. A delicate and delightful smoke.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Blended ByAlfie Turmeaus
Manufactured ByAlfie Turmeaus
Blend TypeOther
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cigar Leaf, Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging50g Tin, 25g/50g/100g Pouch
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Tolerable
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium Very Pleasant

Alfie Turmeaus Orchant. Having recently reviewed pure Latakia to get an idea of the flavour on its own I left myself feeling a bit fed up with the taste but I thought this might be a good blend to get it back in my good books due to there being lots of tobacco tastes included as opposed to my recent 'overly smoky' experience! The aroma of the mix is just what I'm after right now, the Latakia can be noticed but it doesn't smell only of that. In fact, looking at the blend it seems to include a really even amount of each of the stated tobaccos at a good level of moisture. The taste is EXACTLY what the smell suggests: very fair with all the tastes. Every different tobacco can be identified without the Latakia bombarding me with smokiness, just what I wanted right now! The sweetness from the Black Cavendish is beautiful in its strength, a perfect amount. If I retro-hale the smoke then the Cigar Leaf becomes a touch stronger, without doing so they are all quite even in strength. It doesn't contain that much nicotine, it isn't too feeble but I don't think it would be too suited the morning nicotine charge spot! The room note is quite light, in both aroma and smoke quantity. I could smoke this incessantly all day long and would remain bite free, it's a very chilled out smoke! At the beginning I said how I had made myself 'fed up' of the Latakia taste and this was exactly what I needed to get it back in my good books. A rounded, soft and fair tasting blend!

Pipe Used: Falcon

Purchased From: Robert Graham online

Acquired this in trade with StevieB. Many thanks for this very nice smoke, Steve.

I can easily agree with Steve's description of this blend. The difference here is in the way we smoke. I retrohale every puff and that made this a cigar leaf dominant blend for me. The cigar leaf has a wonderful nuttiness and earthiness that I really like, but the Black Cav is just shy of enough sweetness to make this a 4 star blend for me. I find that the "English" portion of the blend acts as a base of sorts for the CL and BC. I like that and this would be an awesome smoke with just a little more sweetness. It's very interesting to see how smoking style can influence the perception of a blend.

I've added a little of McClelland's stoved Virginias to it to increase the sweetness and have now been enjoying the hell out of this. I feel I should rate it as it comes though so 3 stars it is.

I rate the strength by body, not nicotine, and this comes in at medium to strong. Nic is close to medium. No added flavorings detected. Taste is medium to full. Burns very well with a short drying time. Smokes the same in briar or cob.

Pipe Used: Ropp Dublin, MM Dagner Poker

Purchased From: acquired in trade (Thanks Steve)