Sweet Yellow Virginia and a similar proportion of Smokey Latakia combined with a hint of Black Cavendish. A delightful and smooth mixture.

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
2.0

Alfie Turmeaus Morrison Blend. This has a fabulous aroma from the tin, being smoky, woodsy and a little leathery. Mine is of a good moistness which is a good point as the smell is that intriguing I couldn't wait to get started! The mix appears to have a larger quantity of Virginia, with the Black Cav' taking up the least space. Once lit the first few puffs bring one word to the mind to describe the taste... 'classic'. It tastes very simple, I mean simple in a good way! The Virginia is the most prominent flavour, with the Black Cav' only offering a VERY slight sweetness. The Latakia isn't that smoky in comparison to other blends, it is noticeable but more 'woodsy' than 'smoky'. I don't find the Nicotine too strong in this, on the website where I purchased this from it says "medium to strong, recommended for experienced pipe smokers" but I find it more mild to medium, I guess it's the subjective nature of pipe smoking that brings us the most fun! I don't get any bite from this but it does burn quite hot so for that reason I sip it slower than some blends. Throughout the smoking of this, apart from the grassy Virginia taste, the second most prominent flavour is a cedar-esc one. The room note isn't too heavy, it has a pleasant woodsy/cedar touch to it that I find quite appealing. This is quite a good blend that I would score two and a half stars in an ideal situation but as it doesn't quite justify three stars I have to give it two!

Pipe Used: Erik Nording