Selected Virginia tobaccos are the essential parts of this blend combined with smoky latakia, and a small portion of Oriental Turkish. An enjoyable Oriental flavour against a classic background. The different tobaccos mix together and create a delightful "good morning" feeling!

BrandAlfie Turmeaus
Blended ByAlfie Turmeaus
Manufactured ByAlfie Turmeaus
Packaging50g Tin, 25g/50g/100g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

Alfie Turmeaus-1817 Blend. The majority of the blend is a lighter to medium brown in colour. The moisture is spot on and one smell of this suggests "I contain Latakia". The smoke from this is refreshing for a blend with Lat' in it, the big smack in the face of smokiness is absent but the Lat' adds its inimitable character in a soft and gentle fashion. The Virginia and the Orientals both carry the same weight in the flavour, a grassy note from the Virginia and a sour taste from the Orientals. I find the smoke incredibly simple if I choose to inhale, it isn't the type that causes my throat to recoil in terror but slides down a treat. The inhalation ease is quite necessary with it due to the nicotine being milder so to placate my nic' lust a big gulp of smoke is required! As this burns down the smoke becomes more creamy, at the beginning it has a slightly uneasy flavour, not bad at all but it just seems to have a little harshness to it which really mellows out after a few minutes. A negative lies within the speed, oh my this does burn quickly! Sadly this isn't too good with bite for me either, it can be a little harsh with bite unless I sip it gently. As much as the speed doesn't impress me I can't fault the consistency of the burn, it is a really resilient burn that doesn't need to be really drawn harshly, a quality that works well as with the bite amount it has to be sipped! I like the room note from this one, it has a nice delicate attribute that means it doesn't 'over fill' the room with smoke. I do enjoy 1817's flavour a lot but the reason I score it 3 stars and not 4 stars are the few afore mentioned low points but as tongue bite differs from person to person it may work out as a 4 star blend for you!

Pipe Used: Peterson Around The World France