A sumptuous blend of selected Virginia and Burley tobaccos with dark fired Kentucky in various cuts. A cool burning and pleasantly mild smoke with a full-fruit peach flavour and aroma.

BrandE. A. Carey
Strength
Taste
2.0
Medium Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

Carey's Peach Brandy. With the smell from this there's no mistaking it contains peach. All of the mix is at a good level of moisture so it can be smoked straight out of the pouch. Having not had much experience with peach aromatics I am unsure how I will find the taste of this so get lit with some excitement and right away I find myself enjoying the taste somewhat. The peach comes through very full in this but I find pleasant that although it's a full taste of peach it lacks the gloopy or sticky attributes of something like a cherry or berry aromatic, quite a very delicate flavour. To be fair the Kentucky, Burley and Virginia are all a little bit confused when it comes to the flavour, although the topping doesn't exude gloopiness it's still a little too much to allow the different tobaccos to be discerned at the beginning! i Don't know why it's labelled 'Peach Brandy' as I was expecting to get some form of alcohol taste but I only get a full peach taste without any alcohol, making the word brandy seem redundant in the title! There is a butteryness that comes through after about five minutes of smoking which is a lovely addition to this blend. Nicotine is about medium so it will suit most smokers. Throughout a bowl full I only get slight tongue bite if I really 'give it some' and the temperature of the smoke isn't too warm from the consistent burn. Now, I say consistent as it requires hardly any re-lights but sadly there is a problem with the burn... don't fill your bowl with this if you want to sit and relax for an hour or so as it's over in a flash, your quintessential quick smoke tobacco! The room note has a nice peachy quality to it but again no brandy to it, I'm confused by the name! The taste from this is quite a good one but the speed of the burn brings the score down to two stars!

Pipe Used: Peterson Sandblast Sherlock Homes Baskerville