The aroma of Golden Delight seeks to capture the atmosphere of a warm summer evening. The subtle blend of sunny Golden Virginia Flake and Burley, combines with just a touch of Black Cavendish to give this tobacco its romantic charm while different cuts guarantee a cool even smoke.

BrandCharles Fairmorn
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Taste
2.3
Rodricus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rodricus (22)

Thick tobacco ribbons of yellow and golden tones can be found in this mixtures. The smell in the tin is nice but the casing adds an artificial twist. That taste is, of course, passed on to the samoking experience.

The problem with this blend was the bite. Alas, too piquant! Tried it on smaller bowls and it made it a little tolerable. This one was just too danish for me.

Claudius Stradivarius Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Claudius Stradivarius (171)

Not as good as the Black version...But not bad either. This is obviously good quality tobacco.

I wouldn't buy it regularly but it might be a good choice for another smoker.

Austin Allegro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Austin Allegro (3)

I got the 50g pouch. Nice picture of a cafe at night (Van Gogh?). I was expecting a heady package aroma but didn't smell much on opening. Mixed cuts of tobacco felt very dry, as if they package had been a long time on the shelf. Filled and tamped easily. Smoked in an Alco Universal filter pipe.

Upon lighting, I got a nice, buzzy nicotine kick, although I am an infrequent smoker. I also thought 'uh-oh - this is going to burn'. I went carefully though, and the tobacco stayed lit and behaved well, although it always felt like it was going to bite if I wasn't careful.

The taste is very pleasant and I would agree it has something of a summer's evening about it. (Although I was smoking it on a pleasant summer evening anyway...) Some floral notes, but overall the taste is of some kind of unsweetened pastry like a home made apple pie. I could definitely taste tobacco as well - very much a light aromatic, not a gloopy, oversauced candy smoke. The room note was similar to the taste. I'd say 'mild and fresh' is a good description. It would make a good all day smoke. Nothing earth shattering but nothing nasty or dull, just something pleasant to puff on.