Kendal mixed is a tobacco which if smoked with a little care, rewards the smoker with an earthy and sweet hay like smoke. The addition of ice cool Cherry Menthol, unlike the other flavoured shag blends, this is very powerful. A nice medium strength tobacco, which is ideal for those looking for a cheap daytime tobacco and it doesn’t matter if you only smoke half a bowl. Great for those moving from cigarettes to the pipe.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith Hoggarth
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
FlavoringCherry, Menthol
CutShag
Strength
Taste
1.0
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

Gawith Hoggarth-Kendal Mixed Shag Cherry Menthol. To be honest I struggle to detect much cherry in the smoke at first. A slight embellishment from it but the minty menthol is definitely the leader of the pack with this at the beginning. The smoke seems very cool but the cool sensation may be enhanced by the menthol in it! After about ten minutes the cherry starts to cut through a bit more. It doesn't constitute what I would expect from a cherry aro' but it becomes easier to notice. Sadly, for me, around the same time I begin to appreciate the cherry I also start to get tongue bite. And I'm not talking about a little peck, instead it's like smoking a bear trap!! I find the nicotine mild in this. It says in the description "great for those moving from cigarettes to the pipe" and I disagree with this. This is definitely not the most pernicious blend I have tried but it doesn't have many qualities to raise it from one star.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Roma